Full-time, year round; FLSA Exempt
Position is immediately open, and we are hoping to have a person hired by October 7.
Play a critical role in the emerging camp ministry of Mt. Shepherd Retreat Center as the leader of the summer camp ministry and year-round retreats
Under the guidance of and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Program Director administers the programs, policies, and procedures of Mount Shepherd including Summer Camp, Weekend Retreats, Special Events, Regular Youth Programming, and Group Camping. The Program Director serves an integral role in the successful running of all programs. She or he be responsible for the overall daily operation of summer camp including scheduling daily programs; hiring and training staff; creating and administering program accountability structures; working with partner user groups and planning their schedule; and all other programming to facilitate a successful summer program for campers and groups.
He or she will also be responsible for other programming throughout the year, as well as the marketing and promotion of those programs. She or he designs and delivers program activities that are safe, spiritually edifying, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities.
This is an on-site position. Housing and utilities will be provided for $300/month.
The Program Director will work under the supervision of the executive director and in partnership with the Kitchen Manager, Maintenance Director, and Office Administrator.
- Committed Christian leader, who embodies Christian values
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required, preferably in recreation or a related field
- Three to five summer seasons of related professional experience.
- This role requires experience with (and/or the ability to learn) High and Low Ropes Course facilitation, team building, lifeguarding, food service, scheduling programs, hiring and training staff.
- Must be able to relate and work with diverse groups of people in a hospitable and consistent manner.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for long periods of time, work in outdoor conditions year round.
- American Red Cross CPR, AED and Bloodborne Pathogens
- Certified Pool Operator (NC License)
- ACCT Level 1 Practitioner (Challenge Course certification)
- All other safety trainings as required
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
- USA Archery Instructor
- ACCT Level 2 Practitioner
- Responsible for developing, reviewing and implementing policies and procedures for programs and facilities
- Responsible for weekly program facility inspections
- Responsible for monthly supply inventory
- Responsible for ensuring adventure equipment and procedures are in compliance with ACCT and OSHA standards.
- Responsible for staff vetting, training and operational procedures
- Assist in kitchen operations as needed
- Responsible for operation and implementation of summer camp (including day camp, resident camp and rental groups)
- Hires, trains, evaluates and manages all seasonal staff
- Oversees program schedules camp programs and partner user groups
- Assists with marketing of all programs, working with the ED and marketing coordinator
- Assists with the development and implementation of five special events/programs and other specialty camps through the year.
- Responsible for guest group scheduling, staffing, programming,
- Manages program budget
- Serves participants and guests with a high degree of integrity.
- Works with ED to incorporate fundraising into the summer camp programming
- Serves as a resource for all board-driven fundraising events
- Oversees the operations of fundraising events.
- Oversee aquatic operations and programming as a Certified Pool Operator
- Responsible for ensuring training and certification of all lifeguard staff
- Invited to attend Camp Board Meetings and other camp functions
- Attend conferences and other continuing education events through the year
- Other Duties to be assigned
Mount Shepherd Retreat Center is a drug free, equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Three Weeks Paid Time Off
On-site housing available. The available home is a 2bed, 1.5 bath home with two living areas, a kitchen, and a utility room.
Washer and Dryer included. Central Air. Fenced Back Yard. Outside storage building available.
Utilities included for $300/month.
How To Apply
Interested Persons should submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Josh Britton
Church/Org/Business Name: Mount Shepherd Retreat Center
Address: 1045 Mount Shepherd Road, EXT Asheboro 27205
Email: Click to email
You Might Also Like