September 9, 2022
West Market Street UMC, a vibrant and engaging church located in downtown Greensboro, is seeking a full time Operations Manager to oversee the facility and front office operations, including providing fund management back up support where needed, to support the ongoing mission and ministries of the church.
Working collaboratively with the Church Administrator, pastors and ministry staff, the Operations Manager will:
- Coordinate front office functions, including oversight of projects involving front office staff.
- Oversee procurement of office and maintenance supplies and materials, maintaining updated inventory as needed.
- Provide backup assistance with fund management, including but not limited to deposits, running reports, and data entry for financial information, including accounts receivable, payable and payroll.
- Oversee scheduling, set up and cleanup of rooms and worship spaces in collaboration with pastoral and ministry area lead staff for all ministry events, including maintenance of facility calendar.
- Conduct, schedule, and manage routine maintenance and inspection of all facility systems, including coordinating with outside vendors, as needed.
- Perform maintenance and repair work internally when and where the scope of work and skill set allow. Otherwise, schedule the maintenance/ repair through vetted outsourcing.
- Supervise and evaluate maintenance staff in performance of routine housekeeping, grounds, and landscape maintenance, snow and trash removal, minor repairs, painting, and other maintenance needs.
- Schedule and coordinate additional custodial needs, including maintenance staffing, for church events, including weddings, special services, and ministry offerings, as needed.
- Plan and schedule seasonal or non-routine cleaning projects.
- Schedule maintenance and security staff for church functions, including weekly and special events.
- Conduct weekly cleanliness, safety, and maintenance evaluations throughout all WSUMC facilities.
- Maintain WMSUMC-owned vehicles. Plan scheduled maintenance and compliance with DOT & DMV regulations. Implement policies and procedures regarding safe operation of vehicles. Maintain list of approved drivers. Screen/examine new drivers.
- Assist Church Administrator in monitoring and maintaining security (including security personnel), reporting any problems, suggestions or corrections to Church Administrator.
- Provide needed input to Church Administrator and Trustees, strategically assessing the church facility for best/highest use and possible space planning projects, and developing and implementing a long-range capital improvements plan and capital budget.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BS/BA in related field, demonstrating self-starting and critical thinking.
- Two years of facilities and property management experience with at least one year in a supervisory capacity. Proficiency in best practices for custodial services.
- Fund management proficiency preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and other online platforms required; strong experience and comfort level with various forms of technology.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills being able to work independently and collaboratively with staff, lay leadership and laity in order to fulfill the mission, vision, values and goals of WMSUMC.
- Willingness to invest time in a personal growth and development plan.
- Commitment to personal and spiritual disciplines and to pray for one another on the staff and the shared life and ministry of WMSUMC.
- Valid driver’s license.