Tuesday, September 6, 2022
September 6, 2022
Davidson United Methodist Church
Administrative Coordinator for
Infants, Children, Youth, and College (Next Gen) Ministries
Provide administrative assistance and support to the NextGen Ministry staff.
Status: part-time, hourly, non-exempt, at-will
Hours: 20 - 24 hours per week (typically Monday-Thursday)
Benefits: 403(b) retirement plan, paid time -ff, and dental insurance (available)
Supervisor: Next Gen Ministries Architect
Primary Duties (including but not limited to)
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information within the church’s data bases (ACS and Breeze) including address, contact information, important dates, medical alerts, etc.)
- Maintain attendance records for NextGen programs and activities. Assist in annual statistical reporting to Conference.
- Ensure up-to-date background checks are run for volunteers and staff working with children, youth, and vulnerable adults.
- Maintain and monitor on-line payments (and related records/data) for NextGen programs and activities.
- Assist Ministry Staff in the preparation of NextGen invoices and reimbursement requests for payment. This includes the coding of invoices and monitoring of budget expenditures.
- Assist Ministry Staff with calendaring, room scheduling, and childcare scheduling for NextGen programs and events.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Approved Safe Sanctuary background check required (upon offer of employment).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Ability and willingness to learn church membership software (ACS Technologies and Breeze).
- Be respectful of United Methodist tradition and practices. Practicing Christian preferred.
- Basic understanding of the Bible.
- Passion for intergenerational ministry serving infants, children, youth, young adults, and their families.
- Emotionally mature and ability to lead by example.
- Able to work independently, sometimes without direct supervision.
- Able to collaborate with diverse individuals.
- Communicate well both in written and verbal forms.
- Experience with church culture a plus.