Coordinator of Traditional Music
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Traditional Music Coordinator to assist in the attainment of the Church’s mission by maintaining and growing our choir and traditional music specials, preparing a seasonal cantata for Christmas and Easter, and openness to bring back handbells and other special choral groups.
LIST OF ALL MAJOR POSITION DUTIES:
- Specific hours to be in attendance: Sundays (8:00 am - 12:00 pm), Wednesdays ( 6:00-9:00 pm) and other hours as needed.
- Work with program staff and pastoral leadership to plan seamless worship services.
- Direct the choir seasonally and prepare special music for times when the choir is not able to perform.
- Prepare and plan for special music at funerals, weddings, or other as needed.
- Prepare for and implement seasonal cantatas.
- Procure and maintain all musical materials including church-owned instruments, piano, organ, sound equipment, and music charts for rehearsal and performance, in addition to keeping our CCLI license current.1
- Procure and supervise guest performers and/or substitute musicians, if necessary, within the constraints of the worship budget.
- Provide lyrics as needed for projection in worship.
- Notify Senior Pastor of schedule conflicts and file reports when necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A music degree and previous work experience is preferred but not required.
- If you have no experience leading a traditional music group, proficiency would need to be shown through interview practices and/or demonstrated performance.
- Core Competencies:
- Teamwork - Demonstrates the ability to work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, contributing to the capacity of the team.
- Accountability & Responsibility - Accepts ownership for one’s own conduct, decisions, actions and failures; follows-through on commitments; implements agreed upon decisions; acknowledges and learns from mistakes.
- Ethics / Morality - Behaves in a honest and professional manner by cultivating personal integrity; adheres to rules and procedures.
- Communication (written/oral) - Ensures that key and critical information is effectively shared and delivered in a manner that fulfills the needs of different audiences.
- Conflict Management - Models tact, empathic listening and staying focused on desired outcomes while participating in difficult conversations.
Contact: Ellen Coppley Florian
Church/Org/Business Name: Covenant Church UM
Address: 1526 Skeet Club Rd. High Point NC 27265
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view
You Might Also Like