APPLICATIONS MAY BE SENT TO: Stokesdale United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 38, Stokesdale, NC 27357 You may also call or email Todd Thomas if you have further questions.
POSITION: Office Manager
LOCATION: Stokesdale United Methodist Church, 8305 Loyola Dr., Stokesdale, NC 27357
HOURS: 20 hours per week
BENEFITS: 2 weeks paid vacation, 3 personal days, and bank holidays (paid vacation offered after 90 days employment)
Stokesdale United Methodist Church is hiring a new office manager to help us in the daily work of reflecting God's love at the heart of the community. This position requires:
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
2. Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
3. Knowledge of Microsoft computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheet, publisher, financial reporting and accounting software, Quickbooks, etc.
4. Knowledge and/or willingness to master Servant Keeper Membership Management Software, Weebly website, Facebook, OneCall Now mass messaging systems, ProPresenter.
1. Greet visitors to the church office, providing assistance as possible.
2. Answer telephone cordially, providing assistance as possible.
3. Check e-mail and voicemail, providing assistance as possible or forwarding message to appropriate individual or group.
4. Be the first point of contact for those seeking emergency financial assistance. Disseminate information and instructions, including names and numbers of the contact persons for assistance.
1. Church mail: Pick-up daily, drop-off, opening, distributing, and responding as appropriate
2. Maintain church calendar and keep website calendar up-to-date
3. Ensure office equipment is maintained and in workable condition, and stocked with paper, toner, etc.
4. Purchase office supplies and equipment as needed
5. Maintain office files and church documents for easy retrieval
6. Contact and work with Trustees Chair when necessary for any building and/or maintenance issues.
7. Navigate through Security Computer and the apps on Leadership phones
8. Do CCLI Reporting as requested
1. Prepare deposit and deliver to the bank each week
2. Post all contributions weekly
3. Send thank you notes to non-member contributors for contributions, memorials and honorariums
4. Send memorial information to family members
5. Mail all bills, recording date and check number on invoices and keep in file for appropriate time period
6. Contact vendors as requested by Church Treasurer for information, overcharges, etc.
7. Prepare sales tax report
8. Prepare offering envelopes at the start of each new year
9. Prepare end of year contribution statements for taxes
10. Prepare checks for signatures
11. Research financial information on QuickBooks when needed
12. Point person to handle communication between Fidelity Bank and United Methodist Foundation when needed
PASTOR AND CHURCH CARE SUPPORT:
1. Ensure first time visitors and new members receive a letter and/or packet, as appropriate
2. Use discernment in scheduling appointments and/or transferring calls to the pastor
3. Assist pastor in preparing for services and engagements by making phone calls, scheduling, printing materials and prayer cards, prepare slides for worship services.
4. Type letters and memos
5. Maintain church website and social media
6. Assist pastor in District and Conference reports
7. Prepare, print publications as needed
8. Prepare monthly online newsletter to post to website, e-mail, and print copies for a limited number of individuals who need mailed copies
9. Prepare and provide notices to Ushers and acolyte of meetings and responsibilities
10. Maintain membership records, including accurate database
11. Maintain mailbox slots, update labels as needed
12. Prepare weekly Prayer Sheet
13. Participate in weekly prayer time with Pastor
14. Prepare Sanctuary for Word and Table gathering every week
15. Originate ONE CALL NOW phone messages and emails when needed
16. Prepare monthly committee reports for the Administrative Council Meeting and email to each member of the committee with attachments as needed
17. Prepare birthday cards for Pastor to sign then mail at appropriate time
18. Assist with funerals held in church when needed
PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED TO APPLY: Anyone interested is required to fill out an application and undergo a background check.
Contact: Todd Thomas- SPRC Chair
Church/Org/Business Name: Stokesdale UMC
Address: PO Box 38, 8305 Loyola Dr. Stokesdale 27357
Email: Click to email
You Might Also Like