Central United Methodist Church in Downtown Mooresville is seeking a part time church secretary. Hours are 20 hours per week. Duties include:
Answering phones; Clerical tasks; Handling emails; Greeting and dealing with visitors, vendors, and parishioners; Planning and Calendar management; Handling mail and correspondence; Maintaining church records; Producing and publishing weekly “Central Connection” E-letter; Assisting pastor and staff with administrative functions; Ordering supplies.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates the ability to clearly and effectively communicate both oral and written information with parishioners and visitors.
- Demonstrates patience and understanding when dealing a wide range of visitors to the office.
- Is friendly and courteous, and works well with a various personalities.
- Possesses knowledge of publishing, word processing, and financial computer software, including Word, Publisher, Excel, and ACS.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills, is punctual, and pays close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and interruption in routine.
- Is capable of efficiently multitasking on a regular basis.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High School Graduate
- Community College Level training in communication, business, administration, or related areas.
- College degree preferred.
Contact: Ross O'Neal
Church/Org/Business Name: Central United Methodist Church
Address: 214 North Academy Street Mooresville 28115
Email: Click to email
You Might Also Like