Administrative Assistant to the Pastors
Position: Administrative Assistant to the Pastor
Reports to Lead Pastor
Workers Supervised: None
Full Time Employee
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: Monday–Thursday, 8:30 am–5:00 pm, Friday as needed
The principal function of the Administrative Assistant is to assist the Senior Pastor and the Executive Pastor for Ministries with any administrative needs they may have.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining office files and permanent records
- Maintaining church register of members (Membership Secretary): births, deaths, transfers out, marriages and baptisms in Planning Center on-line as well as an internal mailing list in MS Excel.
- Maintaining information as needed in the on-line directory (Instant Church Directory)
- Maintain current email addresses in the email distribution site (Robly) for all church members/attendees who wish to receive emails.
- Annual Membership Roll Audit
- Supplying church stats to church leadership when requested
- Running searches, printing reports/labels for ministry leaders (ex. Prayer Team, Congregational Care)
- Making conference, airline, hotel, and rental car reservations for various conferences for the pastors, as requested by the pastors
- Serving as Pastor’s receptionist (greeting pastors’ visitors and dealing with their various needs,) handling telephone calls, and making appointments
- Requesting Pastor’s note cards, business cards, letterhead, etc.
- Creating certificates of baptism, membership, confirmation, etc.
- Creating wedding bulletins, typing and filing certificates of marriage with Register of Deeds and mailing marriage certificates to bride and groom, collecting & returning deposits, recording marriages in log book
- Performing research as requested
- Organizing pastor’s files, as requested by the pastor
- Preparing staff agenda, recording notes, and distributing to staff.Maintain records of staff meetings.
- Assisting in the planning & making of arrangements for events as requested by pastors
- Working with other office staff on various projects
Specific duties to perform for the Leadership Team, Annual Charge Conference, Called Church Conferences, and End of Year Reports:
- Serves as the Recording Secretary for the Leadership Team (Church Council) to include attending all meetings, taking notes, and distributing.Includes monthly meetings, Annual Charge Conference, Called Church Conferences.Maintaining documentation for all meetings.
- Collecting necessary information for the End of Year Statistical Report from staff, group leaders, and committee chairs. Compiling the annual membership statistical report, completing on-line, and submitting to the United Methodist Church Conference in January.
- Preparing & submitting reports for Annual Charge Conference held in October/November each year. Prepare handouts for Annual Charge Conference.Attend Annual Charge Conference to collect minutes for submission to the WNCCUMC.
- Nominations Committee Secretary:Schedule meeting, record notes, maintain the responses from those asked to serve & update the Leadership Team List in-house as well as at the WNCCUMC office.
Three years experience as an Administrative Assistant or Office Administrator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency in word and data base software (currently Planning Center on-line), Windows and MS Office, general knowledge of Excel, and some desk top publishing skills. Knowledge and troubleshooting skills and familiarity with use and maintenance of various office equipment (i.e. phone system, computers, copiers, printers, and folding machines.) Willingness to learn new skills, willingness to accept full responsibility to complete tasks assigned. Discretion and confidentiality in all office/church matters.
Interrelationships: Interacts with all church employees. Assists public in answering questions concerning the church, job openings, benevolence, etc. Has contact with church members, boards, committees, vendors.
In the event of absence job responsibilities will be discussed with immediate supervisor and redirected to other appropriate staff.
The above job description reflects the major qualifications and requirements of the position. This is meant to be a guideline and does not list in detail all the job responsibilities.
Contact: Lori Prickett
Church/Org/Business Name: Long's Chapel
Address: Waynesville NC 28785
Phone: 828-456-3993 Ext 103
Email: Click to email
You Might Also Like