"The Hangout" Coordinator
Long's Chapel is hiring a coordinator for its after-school program, 'The Hangout', for students ages Kindergarten-8th grade. Hours will be Monday through Friday, 2:00-6:00 pm. Seasonal or year-round position is available. $15 per hour.
Complete Job Description:
Schedule: 2 pm-6 pm, Monday through Friday and other hours as needed for administrative duties. Variable hours during summer programming.
Reports to: Director of Student Ministries
The Hangout Coordinator acts as a staff leader for our Hangout Ministry. This position will help lead the other hourly staff positions in the execution and excellence of the Hangout Ministry.
Primary Staff Interrelationships: Hangout Staff, Director of Student Ministries, Director of Children’s Ministries, Director of Family Life and Community Events.
- Coordinate acquisition of materials and implementation of Hangout activities and protocols.
- Act as a point of contact for parents of the Hangout.
- Ensure that attendance rosters, temperature checks, and wait list is organized and up to date.
- Work closely with the Director of Student Ministries and Director of Children’s Ministries to plan activities, protocols, and policies for the Hangout Ministry.
- Maintain Planning Center and Text in Church groups, adding and removing families as needed.
- Coordinate volunteer schedule.
- Make sure families have completed all necessary forms before their child’s first day.
- Check in with families after any absences more than 2 days (Covid/quarantine).
- Manage employee schedules and find subs in their absence.
- Communicate with schools around bus routes and closures.
This individual will act as an assistant to the Family Life Director during summer programming.
- Help coordinate and plan summer family life events.
- Assist in creation of summer calendar.
- Other duties as assigned by the Family Life Director.
Contact: Ray Hausler
Church/Org/Business Name: Long's Chapel
Address: 133 Old Clyde Road Waynesville NC 28785
Phone: 828-456-3993 Ext. 295
Email: Click to email
You Might Also Like