Music Program Administrative Assistant
Program Assistant – Music Department
To support the Minister of Music & Worship, Director of Children’s Music, Organist and other music staff with administrative and programming support
Status: part time, hourly, non-exempt, at-will
Hours: 15-20 hours per week (including Sundays and additional special events as needed)
Supervisor: Associate Pastor for Music & Worship
Primary Duties (including but not limited to)
- Create and maintain directory of choirs within DUMC’s database
- Report licensing information for music/video usage on a weekly basis for all DUMC groups
- Prepare and gather required paperwork (medical/liability/registration forms) and collect/track payments for all choir trips
- Verify that all children and youth choir volunteers and chaperones are properly trained according to DUMC’s Safe Sanctuary Policy and have appropriate background checks
- Complete and verify all calendar and room reservation requests
- Maintain folder and cubbing assignments for all choirs
- Maintain music library database for all music
- Maintain schedule of Acolytes, Bible bearers, and Crucifers
- Recruit, coordinate and manage team of volunteers to file, sort, clean-out music folders
- Organize choir room on a weekly basis
- Assist volunteers in robe management
- Assist in the set-up for all choir rehearsals
- Photocopy music as necessary, directed and legally appropriate
Direct Support for Associate Pastor for Music & Worship:
- Maintain sign-out schedule for Sunday and keep supervisor informed of fluctuation
- Maintain communication about choir concerns as directed by supervisor
- Handle retreat logistics and details as assigned by supervisor
- Handle logistic for major performances as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
Be respectful of United Methodist tradition and practices. Practicing Christian preferred.
Minimum of two years training and experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience with church culture a plus.
Ability to work collaboratively with others.
Must be able to work with diverse individuals, communicate well both in written and verbal forms.
Ability to work well in a non-structured, creative environment.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Publisher, PowerPoint).
Experience with ACS software (People module) a plus.
Contact: The Reverend Dr. Kevin Turner
Church/Org/Business Name: Davidson United Methodist Church
Address: 233 South Main Street DAVIDSON 28036
Email: Click to email
Related file(s): view
You Might Also Like