Youth Ministries Coordinator
Central United Methodist Church in downtown Mooresville, NC, is seeking a part-time Youth Ministries Coordinator to work with both middle and high school students. The Youth Ministries Coordinator is an essential leader in the formation of young people to worship God, follow Jesus Christ, and help them grow in the Spirit. This person must be at least 23 years old and have a Bachelor’s degree or higher education, with some past experience with youth programming. Past formal work experience in Christian camping or Youth Ministries would be a plus. This position will require on average of 15 hours per week of planning, coordination and contact time. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Qualities We Are Seeking:
- Strong Christian faith
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills
- Personal maturity and Strong character
- Ability to empower others and delegate responsibilities
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with youth, parents, staff and the congregation
- Conduct weekly Sunday Night program/activities.
- Teach youth Sunday School class.
- Work with parents and the Youth Advisory Board (YAB) to help coordinate regular activities outside of usual weekly programming.
- Collaborate with parents and YAB occasional mission and overnight trips for youth.
- Schedule and lead Youth Advisory Board meetings.
- Coordinate with volunteers fundraising for youth trips and youth programming.
- Communicate with and delegate responsibilities to parent volunteers.
- Work with a ministry team that includes the Pastor, Director of Christian Ministries, Administrative Assistant, and Youth leaders.
Contact: Ross O'Neal
Church/Org/Business Name: Central United Methodist Church
Address: 214 North Academy Street Mooresville 28115
Email: Click to email
You Might Also Like