Director of Marketing and Communications
Position Summary: The Director of Marketing & Communications develops, organizes, and directs communications, marketing, and public relations efforts for Myers Park United Methodist Church (MPUMC) and its programs. The director will develop and implement marketing, public relations, and communications strategies and annual plans that define and strengthen the ministry, programming, and community engagement goals of MPUMC. The director will report to a member of the clergy team. Some evenings and weekends are required.
Overall Responsibilities Include:
- Draft and implement an annual marketing and communications plan with specific targets and goals that are established prior with input from the clergy and executive leadership.
- Provide regular progress updates against those targets and goals to supervisor and clergy team.
- Design and maintain proper signage for the building.
- Support special programming and events as requested/needed by staff.
Website and Social Media
- Oversee the development of dynamic, engaging, and consistent content strategies for the website and all social media channels.
- Maintain, manage, and continually develop website
Marketing and External Affairs
- Develop and execute engaging content for all print and digital marketing and communication materials including, but not limited to: print materials, annual and quarterly publications, weekly announcements, digital campaigns, and website.
- Create and oversee public relations strategies in consultation with executive leadership and serve as the front-line contact for all press and public relations inquiries.
- Oversee the contracting of and vendor management of any public relations and graphic design firms.
- Manage podcast schedule, calendar, promotions, and release plan.
- Lead weekly meeting to ensure cohesive communications across different departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations and/or equivalent work experience is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in strategic communications is required.
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working with budgets is preferred.
- Prior experience in nonprofit management is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of technology, audio-visuals and communications resources strongly desired.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and work well on a team.
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think and operate strategically and tactically.
- Must possess exceptional project management skills.
Resumes and Cover Letter may be emailed to email@example.com
Contact: Jessica Dayson
Church/Org/Business Name: Myers Park UMC
Address: 1501 Queens Road Charlotte 28207
You Might Also Like