Assistant to the Pastor
Assistant to the Pastor (20 hours/week)
The Assistant to the Pastor will take responsibility for shepherding/advancing/managing/resourcing projects assigned by the Pastor. Must be accountable, self-directed, and able to prioritize tasks and work independently while fostering productive and healthy relationships with both staff and church members/volunteers and seeking out opportunities for training, peer guidance, and continuing education.
The initial assignment will involve overseeing the rollout of ACS Realm (onrealm.org), our new CRM/CMS (Constituent Relationship Management/Church Management System) system. We expect ACS Realm resourcing to be a long-term, potentially permanent area of responsibility.
In this initial/primary assignment, the Assistant to the Pastor will be responsible for the administration and support for the people-management portion of the ACS Realm CRM/CMS program—contact data, membership status, volunteer coding, attendance tracking, background checks, leadership/committee membership, small group participation, event sign-ups, room/resource/vehicle scheduling, etc.—and must:
- be detail-oriented, have good analytical skills and a three-dimensional understanding of data, and be able to communicate clearly with a proven ability to organize the workflow.
- have or be willing to develop a good understanding how ACS Realm can be utilized across the organization to maximize our return on the investment and take full advantage of the people-management portion of the system. (Financial records are handled by our Financial Assistant).
- have experience with or the curiosity and aptitude to learn/manage an evolving cloud-based system.
- be able to advocate for ACS Realm within the organization and actively encourage its use by training and resourcing staff, ministry and group leaders, Sunday School teachers, hospitality volunteers, and congregation households as needed.
- systematically connect with every household, congregation leader, group leader, and staff member to collect or confirm/correct our membership/participation records; and train staff, leaders, and members on keeping information current and making good use of the technology.
- be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- take data quality seriously and work to maintain a clean and current database.
Preferred candidates will be an active member of a United Methodist congregation, with knowledge of the doctrine, polity, and structure of the church and a willingness to support its structure, vision, and mission.
This is a non-exempt (hourly), part-time, office-based position with allowances for vacation days, sick time, and holidays. Work schedule is negotiable. Availability for occasional weekend or evening events a plus.
Reports to: Pastor for day-to-day duties; Staff-Parish Relations Committee for oversight.
Physical Requirements: Light work. Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently and constantly to move objects. Stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting. fingering, talking, and hearing. Close visual acuity. Activities occur inside and outside.
Available immediately. Apply with a letter and résumé to Rev. Jim Sanders, Pastor.
Contact: Rev. Jim Sanders
Church/Org/Business Name: First United Methodist Church of North Wilkesboro
Address: P.O. Box 1145 North Wilkesboro 28659-1145
Related file(s): view
You Might Also Like