Direct and grow 20 member choir in traditional worship setting. One service per week (Sundays at 11:00am) with Wednesday night rehearsal (7:00pm) plus planning time estimates 6-8 hours per week for this salaried position. Duties include:
- Select and provide choir music. Communicate selections to the office by Tuesday of the week prior to the service. Selections should include a choral introit and an anthem.
- Schedule performance of soloists, trios, quartets, etc. for services where the full choir is not singing.
- Prepare choir for worship on Sundays and special services.
- Lead Wednesday night choir rehearsals (usually 1 1/2 hours)
- Participate in worship planning with pastors and accompanist. Usually once a month.
- Communicate with office staff on ordering new music.
- Oversee the music library.
- Take responsibility for the "community" of the choir and its health among its members and the congregation.
- Establish a presence with the congregation which includes attending events and publicize the work of the choir in newsletters, social media, etc.
- Nurture talents from the congregation whenever possible.
- Secure direction and substitution on weeks when on vacation
- Support the ministry of other staff members through teamwork and discretion.
Contact: Janeen Dishman
Church/Org/Business Name: Unity
Address: 8210 Unity Church Rd Denver NC 28037
Related file(s): view
You Might Also Like