Reporting Historical Changes for the 2020 Journal
By: Marsha Patton, Conference Secretary's Office
The Conference Office is working to pull together information for the 2020 Journal, and as in years past, is requesting churches to report data on church and parsonage renovations, remodeling, new buildings, dedications, etc. that took place over the past year (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020). For your reference, a copy of the 2019 Journal Historical Data pages gives examples of information reported in the past.
- Examples of Question #6: Churches Remodeled could be:
- Replaced roof
- Remodeled restrooms to be handicapped-accessible
- Remodeled chancel; painted and carpeted sanctuary
- Installed sump pump
- Other questions include:
- Dedications / consecrations
- Parsonage changes, such as purchase or building, remodeling, or selling a parsonage.
- If in doubt about including something, please do!
- If you don't know which question to report your change under, add it under Question #10 – all other changes, such as:
- Paved the parking lot
- Installed new AV/media system in sanctuary
- Purchased asset, like a plot of land or a 15-passenger van.
To make this quick and easy, we have created an online form to share these changes. Please complete the form at:
Please submit the online form by Friday, July 31, 2020.
If you had no changes at your church or parsonage, please do not submit the form! If you have questions, please contact your district office!
We know 2020 has been a strange and difficult year in many ways, so we look forward to hearing about these positive events in the life of your church!
Thank you for your help!
You Might Also Like