Conference Membership and Ordination
APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY and information
Find out whether you are eligible to apply and more information about the application process at the links below:
- August 31, 2021: Deadline for applications for Provisional Membership, Associate Membership, or Full Connection
- Applications will be available by July 2021.
- An application must be submitted by the deadline to be eligible to meet with the BOM in the spring.
- January 4, 2022: Deadline for Full Connection and Associate Membership Assignments
- February 4, 2022: Deadline for Provisional Membership Assignments
- February 8-10, 2022: BOM Interviews for Full Connection, Associate Membership, and Annual Continuance for Current Provisional Members
- March 15-17, 2022: BOM Interviews for Provisional Membership
The 2022 assignments are available below. If you have any questions about the assignments, contact your discernment team chair (once assigned in the Fall) or Rev. Paul Thompson. If you have questions about the documents for your file, contact Adri Bullard-Rogers.
- 2022 Assignment for Associate Membership
- 2022 Assignment for Provisional Membership- Deacon and Elder
- 2022 Assignment for Annual Continuance for Current Provisional Members
- 2022 Assignment for Full Connection- Deacon
- 2022 Assignment for Full Connection- Elder
- Electronic Submission Document
Candidates for full connection and associate membership are expected to demonstrate fruitfulness in ministry. Candidates for provisional membership are expected to demonstrate readiness for ministry. The WNC Board of Ordained Ministry clarified these expectations and include Wesley’s Historic Questions as ways to use in preparation and discernment for conference membership.
Download: Readiness and Effectiveness Document