First United Methodist Church Lincolnton
Position Description and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Visitation Pastor is to provide pastoral care and visitation to the congregation; leading, equipping and challenging them to fulfill their ministry to each other and to the world to which they are sent as servants under the lordship of Christ. His or her responsibility to the community at large or to the general church is not to take priority over the needs of the congregation.
The Visitation Pastor is accountable to the Church Council and the Staff-Parish Relation Committee. As a member of the staff of the church, the Visitation Pastor is expected to demonstrate the current mission/vision/core values of our local congregation.
The Visitation Pastor’s roles and responsibilities include the following:
- An experienced person with skills in visitation ministry or the equivalent work experience.
- An outgoing personality with good interpersonal contact.
- Ability to organize and carry through programs of visitation ministry.
- A team person who works well with others.
- The overall responsibilities of the Visitation Pastor are to visit the sick and shut-ins.
- Sharing in hospital and nursing home calling and home follow-up on the sick and shut-in.
- Coordinate with the Lead Pastor as needed to update staff on membership needs and results of visitation.
- Additional support as needed by the Lead Pastor.
This person is responsible to the Lead Pastor.
This is a part time position.
Will be established on an annual basis usually in the fall for the year. $15.00 per hour and travel not to exceed $10,000.00.
BENEFITS & VACATION
As outlined in WUMC Employment Policy.
Send a letter of interest and a resume addressed to the SPRC to:
SPRC – Visitation Pastor
Attn: Gerald Park
First United Methodist Church, Lincolnton
201 E. Main St.
Lincolnton, NC 28092
Or e-mail: email@example.com
subject line: Program Director Search
Contact: Gerald Park
Address: 201 E. Main St. Lincolnton NC 28092