May 16, 2018
Reporting to the Director of Financial Services, and serving as an integral team member of the Financial Services Team of the United Methodist Foundation of Western North Carolina, Inc., this position is responsible for the oversight of an accurate general ledger, client accounts, monthly reconciliations, financial reporting, tax compliance and loan servicing for a 501 (c)(3) church Foundation.
Responsibilites (include but are not limited to):
- Maintenance of the General Ledger accounts, for the Foundation operations and for multiple program ministries including journal entry postings, cash account reconciliations and financial reporting.
- Oversee maintenance and accuracy of all transactions related to client investments. This includes deposits, reconciliation of cash and share balances, and weekly pricing of invested funds.
- Oversee loan processing for the Foundation’s UMF Development Loan program and Clergy Debt Reduction Loan program, including deposit application, amortization schedules, invoicing, and receivables balance.
- Oversee and assist with annual tax filings requirements, including Charitable Trusts, Form 1099s, Form 990s, and Sales and Use Tax returns.
- Cultivate relationships with clients to answer questions concerning accounts; i.e., account balances, annual distributions, deposits/withdrawals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (required)
- Must be familiar with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations
- 3+ years or prior related work experience
- Prior experience and/or direct knowledge of church ministries or similar 501(c)(3)s
- Experience and/or general knowledge related to commercial lending
- Demonstrated passion for nonprofit work
Completed applications, including a cover letter, resume and three professional references, should be emailed to Janey Wooliever at email@example.com and include the title of position being applied for in the subject line. Incomplete applications (missing any of the three required elements) will not be considered. All applicants will be notified of application receipt and final decision.
Contact: Rev. David Snipes
Address: 13816 Professional Center Drive, Suite 100 Huntersville NC 28078
Phone: 888-450-1956, Ext. 1503
Attached file(s): view file