Church Administrative Assistant
St. Matthews United Methodist Church
600 East Florida Street
Greensboro, NC 27406
32 Hours per week M-Th
$12 - $15/hour
Description of the Church Administrative Assistant Position
The Administrative Assistant position shall executes the day to day administrative/office responsibilities for St. Matthews United Methodist Church, and manages an array of administrative activities of the church office related to the Church’s operation. This is a full-time hourly position (32 hours per week Monday – Thursday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm )
The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Chair of the Staff Parish Relations Committee, (SPRC), to accomplish the smooth and efficient running of the church office. The position supports the Senior Pastor for all personnel issues, in coordination with the SPRC Chair.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for office administration in the following areas:
- Serve as Office support manager, handling administrative and clerical tasks.
- Answer phones and relay messages and information in cordial, professional matter.
- Coordinate reservation process of all church facilities and meeting spaces for church and non-church groups ensuring facility usage procedures have been followed. Seek approval from Pastor of Chair, Trustee Board as necessary.
- Maintain church activity calendar, including use by outside groups utilizing church facilities.
- Maintain records and assessed fees as necessary and forward fees to Financial Secretary for processing.
- Updates and prints weekly bulletins, including all announcements.
- Updates the Church Directory monthly.
- Screens calls for Pastor and protects Pastor’s time and schedule.
- Greets and directs people utilizing the Food Pantry.
- Order and maintain office supplies, equipment and materials.
- Oversee usage of copier, postage meter and all other debit accounts by approved church committee users and report misuse.
- Provide clerical assistance for special programs and projects as approved by Chair SPRC/Pastor
- Edit/proofread all documents that disseminate from the church office. Proof Pastor’s correspondence as directed.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail as it pertains to the office.
- Distribute correspondence and incoming mail to committee mailboxes.
- Weekly update and maintain reports of all contributions, membership, visitors, and sick and shut-in.
- Serve as a member of the Funeral Team. Disseminate information to appropriate individuals regarding the deceased, time and date of service and coordinate with the Funeral team the wishes of the family regarding the meal and number of people attending. Work with Pastor disseminate all pertinent information.
- Work with Membership Committee to update Membership roster in PowerChurch on a quarterly Basis.
Minimum Qualifications Required for this position
- Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent with 1-2 years equivalent experience. (Associates degree or 2+ years and certification in office administration preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency in computer skills using Microsoft word processing, email and calendaring applications (Test will be administered)
- Experience and expertise with Power Church
- Ability to relate well. Communicate professionally and courteously with staff, volunteers, parishioners, contractors and vendors
- History of and ability to use discretion and confidentiality in all matters related to church members and church business. (the successful candidate will be required to sign an annual confidentiality agreement)
- A demonstrated commitment to ongoing spiritual and professional growth, and to supporting the mission and vision of St. Matthews UMC.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Strong problem solving and organization skills
Complete the attached application.
You may return it via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail or hand deliver your completed application to:
St. Matthews United Methodist Church
600 East Florida St
Greensboro, N.C. 27406
Contact: SPRC Chair
Address: 600 East Florida St Greensboro NC 27406
Related file(s): view