The Sound Technician is responsible for all aspects of audio enhancement for services and functions at Jamestown United Methodist Church. The primary focus of this position is sound reinforcement through the use of several “sound/PA systems”, as well as ensuring a quality recording is captured of any/all functions.
The Sound Technician is accountable to the Music Minister and in consultation with all ministers, worship leaders and youth leaders.
• Minimum of High School diploma and 3 to 5 years of sound technician experience
• Knowledgeable and has a good understanding of the fundamentals of proper sound and sound mixing for services and events.
• The ability to work cohesively with other employees and volunteers
• The ability to interact in a polite and respectful manner with any/all congregation members.
• Good organizational and planning skills and an ability to work with others
Essential Job Duties:
• Function as part of staff team.
• Work with the Music Minister and other staff to ensure the highest quality sound and recordings.
• Make suggestions for the improvement of the sound and recordings as necessary.
• Inspect and ensure that all equipment is functioning properly at all times.
• Maintain quality sound reinforcement for all Sunday morning services.
• Report equipment problems to the Facilities Manager, Minister of Music, or Sound Liaison.
• Set up and prepare each of the services on Sunday morning based on a review of the appropriate “bulletins” and communications with the Music Minister. This includes line checks and sound checks as are necessary, as well as replacing batteries as needed for any wireless devices.
• Complete a preliminary sound check on all systems in advance of the required services.
• Prioritize quality of sound over quantity of sound.
• Ensure all musicians have an adequate monitor mix.
• Maintain a presence at the sound mixing boards and adjust the board as necessary for blend both in delivered sound and recording. Adjust appropriately for soloist and special music.
• Make sure that all sound mixing boards are labeled properly and that required presets are in place and ready to be used for additional services.
• Establish a default preset for all services/consoles in the event the Sound Technician is unable to attend a service.
• At the completion of any event, strike all equipment and store according to JUMC specifications.
• Provide ongoing instruction to volunteers who help with the systems and set ups.
• Other duties as assigned by Facilities Manager, Music Minister, and/or Senior Pastor
Required Days and Events:
• Chancel Choir Cantatas
• Children’s Choir Presentations (Christmas & Spring)
• Christmas Eve services
• Hanging of the Greens
• Easter Sunday
• Vacation Bible School (negotiable)
Contact: Dr Marc Ashley Foster
Church/Org/Business Name: Jamestown United Methodist Church
Address: 403 E Main St, Jamestown NC 27282
Related file(s): view