Covenant Church is an active 1,000+ member church in north HighPoint, NC seeking a full time Church Administrator to assist in the attainment of the Church’s mission by maintaining vital Church records, facilitating communications between Church staff members, members of the congregation and the public, assisting with daily operations of the facility and use of Church equipment and providing general administrative support.
Requirements:• Associates Degree or beyond preferred but not required
• Flexibility in work schedule to include Sunday mornings
• Core Competencies:
o Teamwork - Demonstrates the ability to work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, contributing to the capacity of the team.
o Accountability & Responsibility - Accepts ownership for one’s own conduct, decisions, actions and failures; follows-through on commitments; implements agreed upon decisions; acknowledges and learns from mistakes.
o Ethics / Morality - Behaves in a honest and professional manner by cultivating personal integrity; adheres to rules and procedures.
o Communication (written/oral) - Ensures that key and critical information is effectively shared and delivered in a manner that fulfills the needs of different audiences.
o Conflict Management - Models tact, empathic listening and staying focused on desired outcomes while participating in difficult conversations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:• Participate in the development of the mission of Covenant Church United Methodist; develop, implement and manage strategies for the office area that contribute to attainment of the Church’s mission.
• Serve as Church secretary (answer phone calls and emails that are sent to the church office, manage master calendar, manage facility use through calendaring).
• Prepare and maintain vital church records required by The Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church for baptisms, professed memberships, constituents, etc. and annually audit records.
• Produce all weekly print materials such as bulletins for worship services, newsletters, calendar, funerals, weddings, advertisement flyers (ex. Red Cross Blood Drives), evangelismand special events.
• Record weekly Church attendance for members and visitors, maintain accurate ACS data base, maintain and restock attendance pads, compile weekly list of visitors and prepare packets for first time visitors.
• Assist with Church activities - ex. Pictorial Directory, Stork Club, Spring and Fall Consignment Sale, Angel Tree, Samaritan’s Purse, Operation Christmas Child, Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, Nut Sale, Holiday Market, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts as requested.
• Produce some digital materials (possible website work, social media, etc.) .
• Work with the program staff to communicate effectively with the congregation and prepare the physical worship space for Sunday morning.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:• Physical Requirements - Strong manual dexterity, good eye-hand coordination, good vision, ability to speak, hear, operate office equipment, good verbal and written communication skills, ability to lift up to thirty pounds, ability to climb stairs, ability to stand, ability to sit for long periods and ability to work long hours and/or a flexible work schedule.
• Mental Requirements - Ability to work, communicate, and thrive in a Christian environment; ability to handle moderate stress, good analytical ability and organization skills, conscientiousness, ability to maintain confidentiality, honesty, ability to maintain consistent disposition, self-starter and ability to work independently.
Please forward resume and cover letter to: CovenantChurchHighPoint@gmail.com
Church/Org/Business Name: Covenant Church
Address: 1526 Skeet Club Rd. High Point NC 27265