Covenant Church is an active 1000+ member church in north High Point, NC seeking a full time Business Manager to lead in the development and administration of all Business, Financial and Human Resource policies and practices. In addition to the traditional church programs of children and youth ministry, music, worship, small groups and numerous community outreach ministries, the church also operates thriving preschool, after-school and summer camp programs.
The successful candidate will be a business professional possessing effective supervisory skills to complement their strong understanding of accounting, human resources and finance, especially in a non-profit or church setting. They will also meet the following criteria.
• Bachelor Degree – preferable in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Human Resources
(CPA preferred but not required)
• Minimum 5 years related experience
• Strong understanding of accounting, budgeting, HR and fund accounting in a church or non-profit.
• Successful supervisory experience preferred
• Core Competencies: Accountability, Attention to Detail, Budgeting, Communication, Ethics/Morality, Responsibility, Team Player
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Manage and oversee all aspects of the Church’s financial policies and practices
• Effectively supervise a staff of 2-3 departmental employees and volunteers
• Manage and assist in the development of Church budgets while assisting department heads in administration of their budgets
• Manage and oversee all day to day accounting operations for Church and Weekday Programs
• Develop and maintain the system of financial controls that ensure the Church’s assets are adequately safeguarded including effective banking relationships
• Prepare all financial statements and reports for internal and external uses (budget, charge conference, etc.)
• Work closely with church committees, including Finance and Staff Parish Relations to attain targeted goals.
• Perform general accounting functions including cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management, and all related financial reports as needed
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures manual for critical financial functions
• Provide leadership and mentoring to the Business/Financial Office
• Supervise the recruitment, selection, training, development, evaluation, cross training, and discipline of finance department staff members
• Implement and maintain consistent Performance Evaluation program for all Church Staff as well as disciplinary discussions and exit interviews when required
• Review and assist in hiring activities with other departments
• Develop a new hire orientation and complete onboarding of all new hires
• Maintain employee files and financial records in compliance with governmental standards
• Oversee payroll process
• Maintain the employee handbook and update as required. Ensure all governmental compliance is being met for FMLA, W/C, ADA, HIPAA, etc…
Resumes and Cover Letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 1526 Skeet Club Rd. High Point NC 27265
Phone: (336) 881-4030