Youth Dirtector - Part Time
Youth Dirtector - Part Time
To develop, sustain and lead a team at FUMC Clover that will effectively engage youth in discipleship for Jesus Christ at and beyond FUMC Clover. This is an exciting opportunity to build and grow an established program.
- Engage youth in the relevant issues of their life and offer support, guidance, and spiritual formation.
- Lead an effective, weekly Sunday UMYF meeting.A meal will be provided by volunteers.
- Lead an effective, weekly Wednesday night youth program.
- Secure and implement effective Christ-centered (Wesleyan Theology) curriculum at youth meetings emphasizing Sanctification/Head, Heart and Hand.
- Work with the Pastors to recruit, train, secure, and approve Youth Counselors, Sunday School Teachers and youth curricula for youth programs and Sunday School (Jr. and Sr. High).
- Youth Director is responsible for teaching Senior High Sunday School class.
- Encourage small group participation of youth in Bible studies and/or growth groups.
- Coordinate with direct supervisor the youth’s participation and support for seasonal celebrations and special events.
- Comply with all Safe Sanctuary Regulations
- Develop and implement effective retreats for youth of FUMC Clover
- Schedule and organize yearly Spiritual life retreats (Jr. and Sr. High Retreats) with Youth Council approved theme.Mail retreat information letters to parents in a timely manner.
- Support and participate in the best of the UM connection and other activities available.
- Through the Youth Counsel’s guidance and within budget limits, sponsor and implement day or weekend trips focused on relationship building activities centered around the youth and their interests.
- Attend and engage youth in Missions.Lead and attend Salkehatchie Summer Service and engage in other mission opportunities (such as Compassion Adoption, Souperbowl Sunday, Crop Walk, etc.)
- Meetings and Leadership
- Be prepared to fully support monthly Youth Council Meetings.
- Attend Administrative Council meetings and Charge Conference
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Meet with Pastor once a month and provide weekly updates on youth program.
- Within budget limits, attend and encourage Youth Counselors’ training and continuing education.
- Attend yearly continuing education opportunities approved by the pastor.
- Be available during regular, posted office hours for answering questions; guiding and mentoring youth; and working with staff, parents, and members of the congregation.
- Tracking and Sustaining Youth Ministry
- Recruit and sustain Youth Counselors.
- Develop and maintain a Youth Database of all youth at FUMC Clover which includes mailing address, family connections, emails, and texting.
- Develop and maintain a network of connection with youth through updated Web Ministry, which includes Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Google Hangouts, and/or other ways of connecting with youth (texting, etc.)
- When possible, find ways of connecting with youth in school settings including school lunch and other youth events beyond the church.
- Be available to youth for guidance with spiritual or physical issues.
- Develop relationships with the parents of youth and keep them informed of all activities, dates, times, locations.
- Be an agent of support and encouragement to other staff, church members, and church leadership.
- Write a monthly Youth Column for the Newsletter and submit the article by the deadline.
- Write a weekly Youth program update for the Bulletin and submit by the deadline.
- Effectively communicate all facets of the youth ministry to the congregation.
- Secure Parental Release forms according to church policy for youth trips.
- Follow FUMC Clover Bus policy for securing buses, approved drivers, and clean up.
- Follow FUMC Clover Reservation for Church Facilities Policy
- Manage the youth budget and make yearly proposals for the budget to the Finance Committee.
- Plan fundraisers that support special youth activities and trips and present to the Administrative Council for approval.Implement approved fundraisers.
- Assist the Pastor and/or Church in other means as deemed necessary by the Pastor or direct supervisor.
Contact: Rev. Alex Stevenson
Church/Org/Business Name: First UMC CLover, SC
Address: 124 Bethel St. Clover SC 29710