Full time Salaried | Benefits included
Reports to: Worship Pastor
Crossroads Church is a passionate, growing community of faith where we are intentional about welcoming people in, growing them in their faith and sending them out to be all that God calls them to. Our church is conveniently located in Concord, North Carolina just outside of Charlotte. The Queen city has so much to offer, including being the home of the Carolina Panthers and other major attractions, and is close to both the Blue Ridge Mountains and coastline.
The Music Director assists the Worship Pastor in fostering an increasingly devoted “house of worshipers” and culture of seeking the manifest presence of God, through pursuing excellence and creativity in all aspects of the musical life of the church. The Music Director works closely in a team-driven environment with the Pastors, Creative Team Staff members and Tech Team.
Participate in Creative Team Process.
- Assist in overall vision, design and flow of weekend and other special services as needed
- Weekly participation in Creative Team meeting and active involvement with “Sunday Services” Trello board as directed by the Worship Pastor
Prepare Worship and Related Service Teams for Weekend Services
- Monthly scheduling of band, worship leaders, BGV’s, praise choir volunteers. Contract with outside musicians as needed
- Monthly song planning meeting with staff worship leaders as needed.
- Gather, chart/arrange, and disseminate music for weekend services via Planning Center
- Weekly communication via Planning Center to scheduled Music, Vocal, and Tech Teams
- Ensure Hispanic Ministry Coordinator has timely access to lyrics for Spanish translation preparation.
- Prepare weekly Ableton Sets with clicks, pad drones, indigenous or purchased MultiTracks (as able).
- Maintain online Planning Center database and Praise Choir music library as needed.
- Assist Worship Pastor with band and vocalists for Sunday morning and other scheduled rehearsals.
- Lead praise choir rehearsals as needed
- Liaison with special volunteer teams (Dance, occasional short drama vignettes) as needed.
Growth and Development.
- Utilize sustainable and efficient audition process for discovering talent and growing teams.
- Work with other worship staff in mentoring and developing volunteers both musically and spiritually.
- Work to foster bridges for raising up worship leaders and musicians from children’s and youth ministries.
Help Implement Seasonal Offerings as directed by Worship Pastor
- Community Nights of Worship
- Easter and Christmas Services
- Celebration Sundays (Baptisms, Dedications)
- Occasional Special Events and Concerts
Resource Other Ministries as Needed.
- Facilitating music needs for funerals as needed.
- Facilitating music needs for STARS Preschool special events as needed
- Facilitating music needs for VBS and other Children’s Ministry events and Sunday service involvement as needed
- Join periodically with youth leaders for Youth Nights of Worship.
- Weekly participation in all-staff meeting and assist in staff worship as directed.
- Participate in periodic CCLI copyright reporting as required.
- Work with Tech Arts Coordinator and Sound Engineer in assuring all Music and Tech equipment is organized and in good working order.
- Keep necessary music software up to date
Contact: Kim Bumgardner
Church/Org/Business Name: Crossroads United Methodist Church
Address: 220 GEORGE W LILES PKWY NW CONCORD 28027