Director of Youth Ministries
Director of Youth Ministries
Memorial United Methodist Church, Fernandina Beach, FL., is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries to lead and supervise our growing youth ministry. We are a grace-filled family of Jesus-followers whose vision is to be a vital, growing church that reaches into our community and develops deeply rooted disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
The Director of Youth Ministries works alongside the Pastor of Discipleship and Family Ministries to oversee youth ministry at Memorial, and to support Memorial’s vision and mission by continuing to develop and partner with a team of youth ministry volunteer leaders to develop relationships and build programs that will support the intentional spiritual growth of Memorial’s youth.
A new Youth Director at Memorial will:
- possess a strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ and to the United Methodist Church.
- have a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in related field) as well as 2-4 years’ experience in youth ministry.
- be a team player with the ability to maintain helpful, effective working relationships with all church staff members, congregation, volunteer workers and members of the public.
- have the proven ability to maintain and nurture a healthy personal spiritual life.
- possess good communication skills in both written and verbal form
- have a willingness and desire to learn, grow, and develop as a local church leader.
Primary Responsibilities will be in four key areas:
- Works with intention to build appropriate and nurturing relationships with youth.
- Cultivates an atmosphere in which relationships and good communications between adult leaders, youth, and parents can be built and can flourish.
- Ensures first-time guests to youth events receive timely follow-up.
- Attends community and/or school events of our youth group members, when possible.
- Works with Pastor of Discipleship and Family Ministries to develop and maintain “The Bridge” program for tweens at Memorial.
- Works to ensure weekly programs (Sunday Mornings, Sunday Nights, and Wednesday Nights) are growing in participation, enthusiasm, and excellence.
- Plans and carries through appropriate outings and retreats for Youth Ministry.
- Collaborates with the Pastor of Discipleship and Family Ministries to select and implement curriculum that is consistent with Wesleyan theology and furthers the vision and mission of Memorial.
- Works to ensure strict adherence to Memorial’s Child and Youth Protection policy in all youth ministry settings, activities, and programs.
- Prepares and Manages Annual Youth Budget in accordance with Financial Control Policies and Procedures
- Is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective policies and procedures for annual Shrimp Festival fundraiser, Ski Trip and other major youth events.
- Develops a team of youth ministry volunteers, assuring they have the tools, training, information, and support they need to carry out their responsibilities.
- Creates an atmosphere in which young people can be developed as leaders and given opportunities for leadership within the youth group and throughout Memorial.
- Works with Communication Coordinator to develop, implement, and maintain a youth ministry communications strategy including but not limited to weekly email and social media communications pertaining to youth calendar events and gatherings.
- Works with Communication Coordinator to keep Memorial’s website up to date as it pertains to youth ministry.
- Works with Communication Coordinator to develop specific youth ministry branding.
This is a full-time salaried position with some benefits. Salary is negotiable within a range and will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Contact: Rev. Carrie Yoder
Church/Org/Business Name: Memorial United Methodist Church
Address: 601 Centre Street Fernandina Beach 32034