CENTRAL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
113 SOUTH PIEDMONT AVENUE
KINGS MOUNTAIN, NORTH CAROLINA 28086
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF MUSIC PART-TIME Position (min 20 hrs.)
Purpose: Encourage growth in Christ through leading of music through worship.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for leading music at all regularly scheduled worship services Sunday mornings at 8:45 a.m. and at 11:00 a.m.
• Lead, Plan and implement music for all weekly worship services, both the Early Contemporary and Traditional services, including Vacation Bible School, funerals, weddings and other Special occasions
• Direct the Choral Music programs of the Church (all choirs/age groups, praise band), enhancing musical skills of all groups through rehearsals and coaching workshops.
• Develop, Coordinate and provide leadership to youth and children’s musical experiences
• Demonstrate advance preparation for rehearsals and conduct an adequate number of rehearsals in consultation with each choir and/or Pastor. At least one weekday rehearsal prior to the Sunday performance for each choir.
• Coordinate essential activities involving the groups, while cooperating with the Pastor and the Worship Committee.
• Oversee Maintenance and upkeep of Musical Equipment
• Attend Staff and Worship Committee meetings
• Provide support to pastor as needed
• Minimum Qualifications:
• 4 year music degree or equivalent work experience
• Technical Audio/Visual skills
• Understanding of Methodist theology and practice
• Strong Christian Commitment
• Able to create and lead both traditional and contemporary services
• Experience in performing traditional hymns, gospel and contemporary music
• Proficient in piano
• Ability to form and conduct a choir
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Must be reliable, responsible and dependable
• Ability to build and inspire a team
• Treat co-workers, congregation, visitors, and children with respect and dignity
• Commitment to the mission and vision of Central United Methodist Church
• Work Schedule: This is a part-time position minimum 20 hrs. per week. Specific work hours and salary to be negotiated at time of hire.
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Amy
Contact: Candy Love
Church/Org/Business Name: Central United Methodist Church
Address: 113 S Piedmont Ave Kings Mountain NC 28086