Crossroads Church is a passionate, growing community of faith where we are intentional about welcoming people in, growing them in their faith and sending them out to be all that God calls them to. Our church is conveniently located in Concord, North Carolina just outside of Charlotte. The Queen city has so much to offer, including being the home of the Carolina Panthers and other major attractions, and is close to both the Blue Ridge Mountains and coastline.
The Worship Director leads the way in fostering an increasingly devoted “house of worshipers” and culture of seeking the manifest presence of God, in weekend services, seasonal offerings, and in connectedness with other Crossroads Church ministries. The Worship Director works closely in a team-driven environment with the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor and Creative Team staff members.
Lead Creative Team process
- Responsible for overall vision, design and flow of Worship Services including but not limited to Sunday Services
- Weekly leadership of Creative Team meetings for service programming, seasonal and other ministry needs.
- Supervision of and delegation to various staff: Technical Arts Coordinator, Worship Specialist, Communications Manager, Creative Media Specialist, Sound Engineer.
- Maintain “Sunday Services” Planning Trello board with eye on deadlines and work flow for various service elements.
- Seasonal “Preaching Calendar” meetings with Senior and Associate Pastor.
- Schedule Preachers as needed when Senior Pastor is away.
Prepare Worship and Related Service Teams for Weekend Services
- Monthly scheduling of band, worship leaders, praise choir volunteers. Contract with outside musicians as needed.
- Monthly song planning meeting with staff worship leaders.
- Gather, chart/arrange, and disseminate music for weekend services via Planning Center
- Weekly communication via Planning Center to scheduled Service Hosts, Welcome Teams, and other volunteers as needed.
- Ensure Hispanic Ministry Coordinator has timely access to lyrics for Spanish translation preparation.
- Prepare weekly Ableton Sets with clicks, pad drones, indigenous or purchased MultiTracks (as able).
- Maintain online Planning Center database and Praise Choir music library as needed.
- Serve as primary band and vocalist director for Sunday morning rehearsals.
- Resource Worship Specialist as needed for bi-weekly praise choir rehearsals.
- Liaison with special volunteer teams (Dance, occasional short drama vignettes) as needed.
Growth and Development.
- Utilize sustainable and efficient audition process for discovering talent and growing teams.
- Work with staff worship leaders in mentoring and developing volunteers both musically and spiritually.
- Work to foster bridges for raising up worship leaders and musicians from children’s and youth ministries.
- Meet regularly with staff worship leaders for prayer, accountability, worship, songwriting, recording, and visioning.
- Pursue personal and team growth opportunities through online training and conferences.
Oversee and Implement Seasonal Offerings.
- Community Nights of Worship
- “Quiet Christmas” Service, Christmas Eve Services
- Celebration Sundays (Baptisms, Dedications) – including intake forms, email communications and Sunday logistics, post-service coordination with Ministry Assistant for database recording and mailing certificates.
- Occasional Special Events and Concerts
Resource Other Ministries as Needed.
- Facilitating music needs for funerals as needed.
- Facilitating music needs for STARS Preschool special events
- Facilitating music needs for VBS and other Children’s Ministry events
- Join periodically with youth leaders for Youth Nights of Worship.
- Weekly worship leadership and participation in all-staff meeting.
- Maintain Worship Arts Ministry budget and resource allocations, including yearly licenses.
- Participate in periodic CCLI copyright reporting as required.
- Work with Tech Arts Coordinator and Sound Engineer in assuring all Music and Tech equipment is organized and in good working order.
- Must have worship leading experience in a large group setting
- Ability to recruit, mentor, and develop other musicians and worship leaders
- Ability to sing, and proficiency on primary instrument such as keyboards or guitar
- Strong Music Theory skills; ability to read and arrange notated music and charts
- Ability to prepare, plan and execute a set of worship songs for varying settings and worship services.
- Ability to lead rehearsals effectively
- Experience leading with clicks, multitracks, loops.
- Experience with Digital Audio Workstations such as Ableton, Reason, or Mainstage.
- Experience utilizing Planning Center Online.
- Experience with notation software such as Finale.
- Experience with organizational software such as Trello.
- Self-directed, skilled in prioritizing tasks and flow of ministry
- Highly relational in working with leaders
- Has a working theology on worship that agrees with Crossroads and UMC doctrine and that of Senior Pastor.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer
Contact: Kim Bumgardner
Church/Org/Business Name: Crossroads United Methodist Church
Address: 220 GEORGE W LILES PKWY NW CONCORD 28027