University City United Methodist Church, located in Charlotte, NC, is seeking a skilled individual to provide a well maintained, safe and secure facility. In addition to the key requirements below, the preferred candidate will have strong communication skills and an ability to work across all departments and ministries within the church.
- Operate and secure maintenance for HVAC systems – schedule heat/air according to room usage.
- Conduct routine maintenance operations as deemed necessary and as requested.
- Provide support for set-up and breakdown of scheduled church functions and paid for events throughout the entire UCUMC facility.
- Maintain liaison with all contractors and vendors servicing the facility of UCUMC.
- Monitor church security and report any problems, suggestions or corrections.
- Maintain facility keys and provide keys as necessary. Monitor locks and schedule repairs when needed
- On call for after hour alarm activation.
- Schedule Facility room usage for all events, generate appropriate invoicing. Secure Certificate if Insurance /Hold Harmless agreements from outside groups.
- Clear snow/ice/debris from walkways, put down ice-melting crystals when necessary.
- Inspections – Keep record of all required inspections.
- This list is not inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
Key Skills Required:
- Knowledge of computer functions
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, TRANE recommended.
- Should display adequate physical health and strength to carry out maintenance activities and moving furniture and equipment.
- Must have valid North Carolina drivers license
- Must be able to work well with members, staff, guests and Committee and Lay leaders
- Maintain a Christian commitment to Jesus Christ, the Church and the community.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Kristin Mayhone at email@example.com.
Contact: Kristin Mayhone
Church/Org/Business Name: University City United Methodist Church
Address: 3835 W WT Harris Blvd Charlotte 28269