Director of Connections
Director of Connections
Harrison United Methodist Church (www.harrisonchurch.org) located in Pineville, NC, a suburb of Charlotte, is seeking a full-time Director of Connections. This person connects people to the church community to engage them in worship, spiritual growth, and service opportunities. The position is the primary liaison between the church staff and program ministries as the church seeks to “make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world” through worship, education, fellowship, service, and mission.
The Director of Connections will:
- Serve as the staff liaison to the following ministries: welcome/hospitality, new members, men’s ministry, women’s ministry, senior adults, and others specified by the senior pastor. Works closely with each committee to implement programs and events.
- Create a culture of hospitality so that all feel welcomed, cared for, guided, and nurtured in their spiritual journey.
- Connects visitors at key entry points with people and programs
- Develops an equipping ministry in which church members identify their gifts, explore ways to utilize those gifts in a way that is meaningful, and engage in the life and ministry of HUMC.
- Identify and implement recruitment techniques for new lay leaders as the ministries grow.
- Serves collaboratively with other staff to implement programs and events including, but not limited to:
- Partner with the associate pastor to plan spiritual growth opportunities for the church
- Partner with the director of children’s ministry to plan special events for parents
Qualified candidates must love equipping the saints, empowering them to live into the full potential of what God is calling them to do, approach ministry with a spirit of hope, and understand the value of good systems and processes to multiply ministry. S/he should enjoy people and have a warm and welcoming personality. A Bachelor’s degree is required along with five+ years of relevant experience in leadership of church programming. This position requires working on Sundays and familiarity with the Methodist Church or willingness to gain knowledge and understanding of the church.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than October 10, 2019.
Contact: Aly Eaton
Church/Org/Business Name: Harrison United Methodist Church
Address: 15008 Lancaster Hwy Pineville NC 28134