Creative Media Specialist
Creative Media Specialist
Job Title: Creative Media Specialist
Reports to: Communications Manager
Full time Salaried Exempted
Crossroads Church is a passionate, growing community of faith where we are intentional about welcoming people in, growing them in their faith and sending them out to be all that God calls them to. Our church is conveniently located in Concord, North Carolina just outside of Charlotte. The Queen city has so much to offer, including being the home of the Carolina Panthers and other major attractions, and is close to both the Blue Ridge Mountains and coastline.
Are you a creative, outside of the box thinker who would enjoy being in a dynamic, team environment? If so we want to hear from you!
The Creative Media Specialist works closely in a team-driven environment with the Communications Manager and other Creative Team staff members. Utilizing Communications Department strategy, this person serves as the primary producer of print and digital communications media, including major digital communicative platforms.
- Produce graphics and designs for print and digital communication publications including but not limited to: screens, bulletins, posters, fliers, handouts and banners. Share layout and production workload of weekly and special projects with Communications Manager as needed.
- Send necessary graphics, templates and layouts to Communications Manager for final proofing with Ministry Leaders.
- Film, edit and produce creative and communicative media including but not limited to: Pre- Service Countdown loops, TV slide loops, Sermon Highlights for Social Media.
- Design, maintain, and update Crossroads Website and App.
- Increase Crossroads’ external visibility and exposure through Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) posts and marketing, utilizing Communications Department strategy.
- Maintain Search Engine Optimization for Crossroads Church as an entity.
- Participate in weekly All Staff, Creative Team, and Communications Team meetings.
- Understanding of Crossroads’ mission and values and intentionality in fostering these elements across all aspects of church life and ministry
- Effective leadership skills including but not limited to setting clear expectations, equipping team members for success, empowering others and providing encouragement and accountability
- Positive attitude and approach with Christ-like interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed, skilled in prioritizing tasks and work flow
- Attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Administrative skills, including writing and editing, mastery of church management systems (Fellowship One, ServiceU, etc.)Team player with servant’s heart
- Commitment to confidentiality and professionalism
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience in graphics and design
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Knowledge of federal copyright laws
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge of what’s new in technology
- Understanding of pulse of Crossroads, the culture outside of the church and can strategize ways to build bridges from the community to the church
- Working knowledge of technology and communication strategy and implementation
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Kim Bumgardner
Church/Org/Business Name: Crossroads United Methodist Church
Address: 220 GEORGE W LILES PKWY NW CONCORD 28027