Youth Pastor @ Mt Pleasant UMC. Mt Pleasant NC
Youth Pastor @ Mt Pleasant UMC. Mt Pleasant NC
Youth CoordinatorMt. Pleasant United Methodist Church
Mt. Pleasant, NC
BackgroundMt. Pleasant United Methodist Church is a growing church in a relaxed, small-town setting. Our mission is to WIN people to Christ and His Church, DISCIPLE believers by training and equipping them for growth in our faith and to SERVE in meaningful ways as we use our gifts and talents.
- Vibrant and growing personal relationship with Jesus.
- A “call” to minister to and with students and related campus ministries.
- Desire to use qualities and gifts in whatever ways God desires.
- Strong desire to know and understand God’s Word and its meaning for daily living, for both self and others.
- Passionate for seeing students grow in their faith and to deepen relationships with God and one another.
- Strong organizational skills and a “people” person who can operate as part of a team and / or individually as needed.
- Excellent communication skills and a sense of humor.
- Gifts of leadership, administration, and encouragement.
- Other skills might include: caring, supporting, giving, envisioning, analyzing, social, relational, artistic, musical, welcoming, etc.
- Must have a love for, patience with, and a good understanding of teenagers.
- Ability to serve as a liaison with organizations, persons, and resources in and beyond the church which relate to youth and youth ministry.
ResponsibilitiesLead and coordinate the youth ministry of the church through a team of volunteers to accomplish the following:
- Teach Christian values that are biblically based and grounded in United Methodist Theology.
- Create awareness of the needs of youth so that an effective youth ministry can be developed and implemented in and by the church primarily through the Youth Ministry Team.
- Work with the senior pastor, church staff, and volunteers to implement Youth Ministry plans so that this fits with the overall vision of our church to Win, Disciple, and Serve. (Staff meetings, retreats, and budgetary requirements, coordination of resources and fundraising for good stewardship, unifying ministry purpose and focus, recommended reading, regular communication, and any other request made by the senior pastor)
- Recruit and equip small group leaders, counselors, and teachers who desire to share in pastoral duties and developing relationships with all youth and maintain contact through visits, calls, school activities, sporting events, etc. Develop an ongoing equipping program for present and future small group leaders, counselors and teachers. (Every person seeks to identify a ministry partner to join us in training so ministry can be passed on to them as numbers increase and/or availability of a leader changes)
- Involve students in the planning, decision making, and implementation of Youth Ministry plans to ensure that they are organized, unified, and comprehensive. (Seeking input from all age groups and genders, developing student leadership team and then planning events that have a broad appeal and narrow focus on growing one’s relationship with Jesus Christ.)
- Ensure that concerns of Youth Ministry are represented in various church meetings and decisions. (Staff meetings, Administrative Council meetings, New Member Classes, HEART group, Missions Team, etc.)
- Study and select appropriate youth curriculum and study materials for Youth Ministry to accomplish goals set forth by various aspects of the ministry. (Reading, research, training events, Christian bookstores, collaborate with small group leaders and Sunday School teachers, AMEN leaders, and other youth pastors.)
- Communicate all facets of Youth Ministry to church staff, congregation, volunteers, student and parents as appropriate for each. (Bulletin, Newsletter, Phone Tree, Safe Sanctuary Policy, Background Checks, Emails, Parent Letters, Medical Releases, etc.)
- Keep current records of the church’s youth roster, parent roster, and mailing list.
- Encourage the involvement of new and inactive students & their families within the church and community.
- Organize parent education and support groups when needed.
- Prepare opportunities for student participation on mission and work teams.
- Be available for pastoral counseling duties with youth and parents as needed.
- Coordinate Confirmation Classes and Lighthouse Ministry.
- Develop ministry for college age students to support them and help them stay connected during their college years whether in college locally or out of town.
- This person will report to the Senior Pastor
- This person will be accountable to the Staff/Parish Relations Committee and the Youth Ministry Team
Contact: Gloria Medlin
Address: 1260 N College St P O Box 237 Mt Pleasant NC 28124