Part-Time Worship Leader
Part-Time Worship Leader
Purpose of the position: To lead all facets of the G3 worship gathering to support the Lead Pastor in building community within G3 Church and strengthening faith journeys.
Reports to: Lead pastor of G3 Church
Who Are We: A contemporary UMC church with the mission to reach out to unchurched people. We seek to be a people who practice radical hospitality, authentic life-giving relationships, and true community.
- Strong, spiritual leader with an active faith, an intimate walk with the Lord, and a passion for worship
- Proficient and experienced in vocal worship leadership (ability to lead with an instrument preferable, but not necessary)
- Demonstrates musical competency including basic music composition
- Proven track record of recruiting and leading worship team volunteers
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, team-building, and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor’s degree or appropriate educational and professional experience
- Lead the G3 worship gatherings through singing, prayer, and Scripture reading as means of engaging the congregation in worship
- Stay apprised of the current contemporary worship world, tools to develop worship leadership, etc.
- Plan, arrange, and present music appropriate to the worship gathering (in coordination with the Lead Pastor), including research for new music and plan for when to begin practicing, how long it will take to learn, and when to begin introducing to the congregation.
- Prepare for weekly G3 worship gatherings
- Email music to the band, including YouTube links and chord charts
- Conduct weekly rehearsals with band members
- Manage weekly schedules for band members, sound technicians, and projection volunteers
- Create and maintain slides in ProPresenter for songs, sermons, and all other aspects of the worship gatherings, including searches for videos or readings for worship
- Send reminder texts or emails to sound/projection volunteers
- Set up and tear down for G3 worship gatherings * Oversee all audiovisual components for Sunday services
- Cut sermon each Sunday, upload to DropBox, send to the webmaster to post online
- Maintain a budget and turn in receipts monthly to Financial Assistant
- Meet weekly with the Lead Pastor
- Assist Lead Pastor with sermon series planning
- Plan and attend any leadership meetings, ministry gatherings, etc., as needed
- Other duties, as needed
Salary: $12,500 (non-negotiable)
Preferred start date: July 15, 2019
Contact: Ron Garner
Address: Winston-Salem NC 27106