Children and Family Ministry Minister
Children and Family Ministry Minister
Clemmons UMC Children and Family Ministry Job DescriptionVISION: Alive in Christ’s love-Growing as Disciples; All called and gifted by God
MISSION: We exist to reach out with God’s love, to connect and equip all as transformed disciples of Jesus Christ for service in the world.
Clemmons United Methodist Church, a long-standing and continually growing church located in Clemmons, North Carolina seeks an individual with a creative and energetic passion for ministry with children who can provide visionary leadership and oversight of the ministries for children (birth-5th grade) and their families. This role is for someone who has a passion and desire to lead young families to a deepened relationship with Christ while also maintaining an outward focus to the mission field of our community and beyond. This individual needs strong communication and interpersonal skills and be able to partner with parents and member ministers (volunteers) to inspire children and families to live out their faith and equip them to share it with others.
Clemmons United Methodist Church
Clemmons United Methodist Church (CUMC) is located in the town of Clemmons in the Piedmont Region of Central North Carolina, 11 miles West of Winston-Salem. The church, organized in 1783 is one of the oldest congregations in Methodism.
CUMC is a large, vibrant and growing congregation. Combined attendance at the three Sunday morning services averages 300-400 worshipers. Sunday services are held each week at 8:30am (traditional), 9:45am (contemporary), and 11:00am (traditional) with Sunday morning discipleship classes at 9:45 and 11:00. Childcare for infants through pre-kindergarteners is offered at all three services. We also have a large and vibrant weekday preschool ministry of over 250 children from infants through half-day kindergartners, as well as a group of over 35 after school children from two local schools.
Ministry leader for Children and their FamiliesPrimary Responsibilities:
- Develop a clearly defined vision and strategy for discipleship within the Children’s Ministry program, working in conjunction with the vision and mission of Clemmons UMC;
- Create a Children’s Ministry Team consisting of key committed and gifted member ministers, who can help in evaluating yearly budget needs, curriculum and programming related to Children’s Ministry;
- Lead, recruit, train and develop member ministers for the Children’s Ministry, equipping them to serve in weekly programming, as well as special events and seasonal activities;
- Develop and implement a strategy for “whole-family” discipleship; working with adult family members to equip and empower them to disciple their children;
- Actively engage in relationship building with the children and their families;
- Supervise the Sunday morning Children’s Ministry assistant, paid nursery staff and volunteer attendants;
- Provide training when necessary to staff and volunteers;
- Facilitate communications about planned events and programs with parents, children and the congregation;
- Identify, encourage and support ways in which children can be involved with and participate in worship experiences;
- Actively work with the Coordinator of Weekday Children’s Ministries, consisting of the Preschool and Afterschool, to provide pastoral care of the children and their families as needs arise;
- Provide a "ministry of presence" to the Preschool and Afterschool community by attending school functions such as performances, fundraisers, and other events in which these families participate;
- Other responsibilities include: procuring supplies, preparing payroll for church administrator; developing the nursery ministry, maintaining the nursery ministry’s policies and handbooks, soliciting volunteers and building out a reliable Sunday morning Children’s Ministry program
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in Christian Education, Child Development, or Education;
- Demonstrated ability to connect with children and adults on a spiritual, emotional, intellectual and social basis.
- Strong written and oral communications ability
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment with all levels within the organization.
- Proven leadership and excellent organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects.
- Primary gifts of administration, leadership, discernment, encouragement, and teaching are necessary.
- Master’s level or seminary degree;
- Deacon in The United Methodist Church;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in and leadership of a successful Children’s Program
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required.
If interested in the above position, please email the Clemmons UMC Search Committee for an application: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Tim Howard
Church/Org/Business Name: Clemmons UMC
Address: 3700 Clemmons Road 3700 Clemmons Road Clemmons 27012
Related file(s): view