Clemmons United Methodist Youth Minister Job Description
VISION: Alive in Christ’s love-Growing as Disciples; All called and gifted by God
MISSION: We exist to reach out with God’s love, to connect and equip all as transformed disciples of Jesus Christ for service in the world.
Clemmons United Methodist Church, a long-standing church located in Clemmons, North Carolina is seeking an individual with a creative and energetic passion for youth ministry. The individual must be able to provide visionary leadership and oversight of the ministries for the youth program (grades 6-12) and work with the families of our church community. This role is for someone who has a passion and desire to lead people to a deepened relationship with Christ, while also maintaining an outward focus to the mission field of our community and beyond. This individual needs strong communication and interpersonal skills to partner with parents and member ministers (volunteers), with the end goal of inspiring youth and their families to live out their faith and to share it with others.
Clemmons United Methodist Church
Clemmons United Methodist Church (CUMC) is located in the town of Clemmons in the Piedmont Region of Central North Carolina, 11 miles West of Winston-Salem. The church, organized in 1783 is one of the oldest congregations in Methodism.
CUMC is a large and vibrant congregation. Combined attendance at the three Sunday morning services averages 300-400 worshipers. Sunday services are held each week at 8:30am (traditional), 9:45am (contemporary), and 11:00am (traditional) with Sunday morning discipleship classes at 9:45 and 11:00. The Clemmons: One youth ministry meets at the following times on Sunday afternoons: 9th-12th grade from 4:00-5:30 (dinner at 5:30); 6th-8th grade meets from 6:00-7:30.
Ministry leader for youth and their FamiliesPrimary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a clearly defined vision and strategy for discipleship within Youth Ministry that works in conjunction with the vision and mission of Clemmons UMC.
- Create and nurture a Youth Ministry Team consisting of key committed and gifted member ministers, who can help in evaluating yearly budget needs, curriculum and programming related to area of ministry.
- Lead, recruit, train and develop member ministers for Youth Ministry to serve in weekly programming, as well as special events, community outreach, seasonal activities, retreats and mission trips.
- Develop and implement strategy for whole-family discipleship; working with families to equip and empower parents/families to disciple their youth.
- Actively engage in relationship building with the youth and their families within the church and community.
- Facilitate communications about planned events and programs with parents, youth and the congregation.
- Identify, encourage and support ways in which youth can be involved with and participate in worship experiences.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in Christian Education, Adolescent Development, or Religion required;
- Demonstrated ability to connect with youth and adults on a spiritual, emotional, intellectual and social basis;
- Strong written and oral communications ability;
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and performance;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment with all levels within the organization;
- Proven leadership and excellent organizational skills. Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects;
- Primary gifts of administration, leadership, discernment, encouragement, and teaching.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Master’s level or seminary degree
- Deacon in The United Methodist Church
- Minimum 5 years of experience in and leadership of a successful Youth Program
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required.
If interested in the above position, please email the Clemmons UMC Search Committee for an application: email@example.com.
Contact: Tim Howard
Address: 3700 Clemmons Road 3700 Clemmons Road Clemmons 27012
Related file(s): view