Director of IT & Database
Director of IT & Database
The director is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions. This position provides overall team leadership, day-to-day management, and maintenance of information technology systems (computer & telecommunications), Church database system and other software applications. The director is responsible for applying sound management and procedures to insure integrity of Church data and provide adequate systems to support the ministries of BUMC and its campuses; lead and coordinate the work of the Information Technology team.
- Management, supervision and budget of the Information Technology department
- Participate in the development of long-range strategic IT plans -- Determining scope and timing of hardware/software updates and purchases, project planning, and custom SQL report needs
- Overall responsibility for the data quality and training of Arena CHMS
- Responsible for annual development of IT budget and manages the IT program within the budget
- Partner with departments & campuses to ensure that technology and data are utilized to best meet their ministry goals while maintaining consistency of existing IT platforms and setting standards/procedures for technical solutions
- Direct and prioritize the work of IT-related projects and activities
- Perform liaison duties between users, IT staff, and outside vendors in areas of system design, modifications, or trouble-shooting
- Maintain IT vendor contracts and relationships
DATABASE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and implement rules and procedures governing the data in Arena CHMS
- Lead departments in maximizing the potential of Arena in their management and use of data
- Verify and maintain the integrity of the information in Arena CHMS performing a wide range of quality checks to ensure accuracy of data
- Perform monthly statistical reporting on membership and system usage
- Manage and control all security in Arena for staff, volunteers, and online web portals
- Develop and coordinate all approved SQL Reports with the Database Support position
- Evaluate and recommend software upgrades and/or additions to Arena and ShelbyNext Financials software
- Oversee continual training in Arena for staff and volunteers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed above are a representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required in information technology, computer science, business management, or related field
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of work-related experience in the field of technology systems
- Supervisory experience required
Contact: Jennie Stockard
Address: Brentwood UMC 309 Franklin Road Brentwood TN 37027