Supervisor of Nursery
Supervisor of Nursery
Position Title: Home Moravian Church Nursery Supervisor
for infants through age 3
Nursery Supervisor reports to the Director of Christian Education and is the lead contact and one responsible for the management of the nursery.
- Experience in the care of children 0-3 years of age with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities/characteristics
- 20 years of age or older
- Willingness to submit to background and drug screenings
- Willingness to attend training sessions and to implement HMC practices and activities concerning the care and nurture of children
Ministry Purpose: The role of the Nursery Supervisor is to provide safe, secure, nurturing, clean and efficient care to Home Moravian’s children. The ministry responsibilities include playing with the children or directing play, reading to them—including a weekly Bible story, exhibiting Christ-like patience and love, and relating the events of the day to the lesson and theme in words the children can understand.
Interacting With Parents:
- Always thank parents for bringing their child; it is our privilege to serve them
- Always smile (even when you are tired)
- Always tell the parents about any diaper or feeding events
- Always follow dismissal plan
Early Childhood is a time to introduce stories and concepts from the Bible. The church provides age appropriate teaching material for all Early Childhood Ministries. This material is easy to prepare and use. Instructions are written in the curriculum. If you need help, see the Director of Christian Education.
- Arrive 30 minutes before scheduled church service time.
- Change every child’s diaper at least once before parent pick up. Potty-training children should ‘try’ at least once.
- Oversee the check-in process. Reference check-in sheet for instructions from parents.
- All children should have name stickers on their backs. All cups, bags, and cubbies also should be labeled.
- Oversee the check-out process. Stay until all children are secured with a responsible adult.
- Sanitize toys and room using set procedures and put away playthings. Straighten the room after the children leave.
- Wear modest clothing.
- Attend occasional Early Childhood Ministry meetings.
- Work holidays that fall on Sunday, i.e. Christmas, etc., unless alternate arrangements are made.
- Arrange planned absences at least two weeks ahead of time.
- In the case of last-minute illness, contact the Director of Christian Education on his/her mobile phone one hour or more prior to shift so a replacement or volunteer may be found.
- Know you may be asked about availability to work additional hours during extra services.
- Abide by the nursery policies and procedures.
- Report concerns and/or ideas for improvement to the Director of Christian Education
- Receive payment of $15/hour for a minimum of two hours’ work for each shift that is worked.
- Receive payment of $15/hour for any training or meeting.
Dependability is essential. Tardiness and excessive unscheduled absences may result in termination of employment.
- There will be a six-month probationary period where either party may, with a two-week notice, terminate employment without cause
- Immediate termination will occur in cases of intentional verbal, physical or emotional abuse or neglect of any child, parent or church member
- The church’s Safe Sanctuary Policy is to be followed at all times
- Nursery workers will be terminated if they fail to follow nursery policies listed above
Please sign and date if you have read and agree to this position description.
Contact: Margaret Norris
Church/Org/Business Name: Home Moravian Church
Address: 529 South Church Street Winston-Salem 27101