Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruit, train, organize, motivate and lead volunteers to develop, implement and deliver an energetic education/worship experience for elementary children. The position has responsibility to develop a program that integrates with the overall children’s programming/ministry to develop Christ-educated, caring, active children through a fun and focused developmental curriculum.
- Volunteer Involvement – recruit sufficient volunteers to provide proper support for each age group. Develop the volunteers to support the multiple dimensions of the program (music, learning, involvement, fun, etc.).
- Programming and Curriculum – through ongoing research and development, assist the Director of Children’s Ministry in selecting an age-appropriate curriculum that educates and develops faith, friendship and community. Implement a children’s worship program that supports the overall spiritual formation plan for children. Coordinate literature, materials, activities, music and resources in concert with the overall children’s ministry.
- Security – provide leadership adherence for staff and volunteers through Safe Sanctuary and HUMC Child Abuse Prevention Procedure programs. Assure adherence to all tenets of each program by leadership and volunteers.
- Special Programs/Seasonal Events – provide support for other children’s activities at the direction of the Children’s Director (such as Vacation Bible School, Fine Arts Camp, Easter Egg Hunt, Pancake Dinner, etc.).
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Children’s Director.
- Maintain compliance with all church policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality in all sensitive information (verbal, written, background reports, etc.)
- Part time position - 12 hours or less per week.
Please submit resume to email address or apply through Indeed.com: bit.ly/harrisonCWL
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; appropriate theological studies/degree preferred.
- Two to Five years of relevant experience in delivering high energy programming for children; worship leader/musical background preferred.
- Excellent organizational, verbal/ written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external members and guests individually or in groups.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook) including presentation software.
- Experience with audio-visual equipment in worship/education/presentation atmosphere.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet objectives, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices within the time allotted.