The Associate Pastor/Youth Minister is to assist the Senior Pastor in providing spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership of First United Methodist Church. The Associate Pastor will give primary leadership to the growth and development of the youth ministry of the church.
Approximately 70% of the focus will be on youth ministry and approximately 30% of worship leading and programming ministries.
- Youth Ministries - As the primary spiritual leader of all youth ministries (grades 6-12) this would include:
- working with the youth coordinator and youth council in planning and implementing the youth program, which includes youth Sunday School, youth group, confirmation, etc.
- leadership of youth mission involvement, 30 Hour Famine, mission trips, etc.
- recruiting and training of youth counselors and Sunday School teachers
- be a pastor to our youth families through visitation, counseling and relational involvement
- effectively plan and communicate youth ministries to youth, parents and the congregation
- work with community leaders in youth ministries
- Worship and Pastoral Care - Lead worship on a regular basis as Sunday morning liturgist and preaching at least quarterly. Assist in funerals, weddings, and hospital visits as needed.
- Education and Discipleship - Work with the Education chair and committee in overseeing the Christian education ministry of the church. Under the umbrella of the Education committee, serve as an advisor to the Children’s Council and Family Ministries Committee. Serve as supervisor of children’s ministry director. Work with children’s ministry director and other staff in training and implementing for Safe Sanctuary. Teach as needed, especially with youth and Sisters Bible study.
- Work with church council leadership and church staff as needed.
- Serve on other committees as assigned by the Senior Pastor, such as Building Committee, Missions Committee, etc.
Contact: David Beam
Address: 66 Harrison Ave. Franklin 28734
Attached file(s): view file