Student Ministry Associate
Student Ministry Associate
Clemmons:One, the grades 6-12 student ministry of Clemmons UMC, is looking for a part-time youth worker who loves Jesus and loves being with teenagers.
Do you: + love leading youth programming? + have a heart to reach students with the Gospel? + enjoy organizing paperwork, contacting parents via email, and using social media? + love pizza? If this is you or someone you know, please send resume, cover letter and a CUMC employment application to email@example.com. D
ownload the application here - http://www.clemmonsumc.org/s/Application-For-Employment_final-3.pdf
See full job description below:
Position: Student Ministry Associate
Job Summary: Assist the Clemmons:One student ministries Accountability: Reports functionally to Youth/Young Adult Director and administratively to the Senior Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- Demonstrate a strong faith in Jesus Christ in life and in practice
- A self-starter work ethic with an consistent entrepreneurial spirit
- High organization skills ? Has a strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skill
- Ability to communicate verbally and electronically with Apple software and Internet-based communication
- Willing to commit at least 20 hours a week ? Experience in student ministry preferred, but not required
The Student Ministry Associate will grow spiritually and professionally as part of the CUMC. Work cohesively with Youth Director and be an enthusiastic member of the CUMC team and strive to fulfill its mission and vision.
Essential Job Duties:
- Willing to commit 20 hours a week that involve 2-3 days a week of office hours Create and co-lead all youth ministry programming, ministry events, & planning
- Relationally connect with students on a weekly basis
- Manage logistics of student ministry trips and events as needed; money collection, reservations, collection of forms and serve as “point of contact” with parents.
- File, organize and maintain all paperwork on individual students
- Send weekly email to parents via Constant Contact
- Update & maintain student ministry online calendar and website.
- Create & manage online event registration for individual events via clemmonsone.com
- Oversee and give input on the planning, development and direction of the student ministry, both short and long term.
- Consistent willingness to pray daily for student ministry and our students.
- Build and encourage open and appropriate relationships with all youth
- Plan, develop, lead, and ensure a comprehensive program of youth ministry
- Create and foster an environment for the spiritual development and growth of youth
- Ensure all youth programs are well-planned and substantive Ensure all youth programs, curriculum and resources are consistent with the teaching and doctrine of CUMC
- Proactively reach out to all CUMC youth
- Ensure timely communication to youth and parents
- Model Christian behavior and conduct in all situations and in all relationships
- Maintain professional distance
- Perform other duties as assigned by Student Pastor
Contact: Rev. Clark Chilton
Address: 3700 Clemmons Rd Clemmons NC 27012