Friendship United Methodist Church is a rural congregation set in western Alamance County. The congregation is multi-generation with a desire to help its youth participate in the life of the congregation now and develop their potential for the future. As such, we are seeking an individual to partner with parents and others in their development.
The position is part-time with an opportunity to shape our youth for a lifetime of kingdom living.
POSITION: Youth Ministries Coordinator
1. A committed Christian who is presently active in a church
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Education, related field, or youth certification desired;
3. Experience in youth programming ministry for youth sixth grade to twelfth grade;
4. Enthusiastic and able to communicate well with youth and parents (including use of social media)
5. Experience in volunteer recruitment and retention;
6. Ability to work nights, weekends, occasional daytime hours, overnight camps and retreats
7. Pass the Safe Sanctuary Background Check to work with Children & Youth
8. Experience with personal computers with proficiency in either PC or Mac platforms;
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Pastor/Staff Parish Relations Committee
POSITION STATUS: Part-time/$16,000 starting pay for 15 to 20 hours a week of preparation and presence Additional guidelines, procedures and skill requirements will be discussed in the interview.
Contact: Rev. Thurman Horney
Address: 4612 Friendship-Patterson Mill Rd. Burlington 27215