First United Methodist Church – Lincolnton
Position Description and Responsibilities
First United Methodist Church, Lincolnton, NC is seeking to fill the position of a Program Director who will be responsible for programs at FUMC Lincolnton with an emphasis on children and youth. The goal is to help facilitate programs where there is a high anticipation of the active power and presence of God.
- Implement education program for children, youth and adults to include Sunday school, weekly programs (UMY), after school and weeknight activities, Youth Church, VBS and seasonal /special events.
- Communicate all education program news and activities to the congregation via newsletter, social media, bulletin, church calendar, etc.
- Assure that children and youth are considered and included within the life of the church.
- Participate with other Christian ministry professionals in the community as opportunities arise that fit within the church’s purpose and ministry vision.
- Encourage and coordinate outreach opportunities and summer program for Children and Youth as appropriate.
- The transforming power of God:
- Fellowship occasions, both regular meeting and special events which are fun and provide the opportunity to know and be known by others.
- Participation in small group which promotes sharing and accountability.
- Exposure to and participation in mission and ministry beyond the local church.
The Program Director plays a major role in the faith development of all ages within the church, both as a leader and as an example. FUMC-Lincolnton seeks a person who exhibits and possesses the following qualifications/experience:
- A solid understanding of the foundation of Christian faith.
- A strong desire to nurture children and youth in the Christian faith.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn the United Methodist Church doctrine/discipline.
- A degree or background in a relevant of field of study.
- Spiritual maturity and high moral and ethical conduct.
- A passion for working with children and youth and team members that generates new ideas.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and flexible team approach while working with children, youth, parents and staff members that results in a positive relationship.
- Good organizational, teachings, administration and computer/technology skills.
- An understanding of child and adolescent development and skill level.
- Ability to relate to children and youth and be able to teach them about Christ.
- Vital relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ability to recruit, train, organize and motivate volunteers for children’s and youth ministries.
- Desire to encourage multigenerational fellowship.
- Shares the vision, philosophy of ministry, and commitments of FUMC-Lincolnton.
- Proven leader who can work creatively, think strategically and move ministry forward.
- Experience with coordination retreats, mission trips, and regional outing preferred.
The Program Director position requires flexible hours, including evening and weekends. The position is full time and salaried. The actual number of hours required during any given week is those needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that the schedule may vary at different times of the year. The expectation is that the Director will work on Sundays as well as other specific times as agreed upon with the senior pastor and SPRC.
It is expected that the chosen candidate will:
- Keep the church office and the Pastor informed as to how he/she may be contacted.
- Adhere to hours and schedule discussed and agreed upon with the Pastor and the SPRC.
- Contact SPRC members with any concerns that may arise.
Terms of Employment
A criminal background and safe sanctuary background check will be required. References required. Professional and personal valid driver’s license, working toward CDL. Salary commensurate with experience. Probationary period will be 90 days.
Send a letter of interest and a resume addressed to the SPRC to:
SPRC – Program Director
Attn: Gerald Park
First United Methodist Church, Lincolnton
201 E. Main St.
Lincolnton, NC 28092
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Gerald Park
Address: 201 E. Main St Lincolnton NC 28092