District Leadership Conference
Our District theme this year is “Light the Fire of Discipleship.” Our vision is to empower each local church to live into the disciple-making model, creating churches filled with disciples making disciples, churches that foster transformation through small-group ministry, and churches that model a community which loves, learns, and leads together.
As a part of that vision, we are excited to offer training opportunities to our laity. The first of these opportunities will be the District Leadership Conference, which will be held on
Sunday, January 7, 2018
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
St. Luke’s UMC (Hickory)
52 16th Ave. NW
Hickory, NC 28601
The following courses are available:
· “The Discipleship of Faith and Generosity”
· “The Mission and Ministry of Staff/Pastor Parish”
· “Do’s and Don’ts of Local Church Finance”
· “Single-Board Governance— It’s About Vision and Leadership”
· “Local Church Historians”
· “Ministry of the Trustees”
· “Children’s Ministry”
· “Building Relationships through Nurture, Outreach, and Witness (NOW) Ministries”
· “In the Beginning”
· “Igniting the Fire of Youth Ministry”
· “Baptism is the Ordination of the Laity”
There is no cost for these courses, but registration is required.
Registration deadline: January 1, 2018
For more information including course descriptions or to register for a course, click on the button below.