Embracing Troubled Minds: The Role of Faith CommunitiesGo To The Events Calendar
Embracing Troubled Minds: The Role of Faith Communities
Friday, April 10, 2015 at 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
Embracing Troubled Minds: The Role of Faith Communities Sponsored By Faith Connections on Mental Illness St. Thomas More Chapel Hill, NC Friday, April 10, 2015 8:00 am - 4:30 pm At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- State behaviors that evidence stigmas and fears toward those with mental illness.
- Apply 10 Steps for starting a Mental Health Ministry.
- Implement a Welcoming, Inclusive, Supportive and Engaging (WISE) Covenant for Mental Health in their congregations.
- Explain the step-by-step process for starting a spiritual support group.
- Identify local resources for enhancing mental health ministry and care.