AC2023 Resource Fair Displays
2023 Annual Conference Resource Fair Displays
Please read all information, as changes have been made for 2023.
The Resource Fair connects conference members to groups who have information to share about their ministry. Displays are provided to encourage conference members to learn more about the resources that are available through the wide variety of agencies and ministries in the conference and beyond.
On this page:
- General Guidelines
- Sales Guidelines (NEW for 2023!)
- Shipping Guidelines
- Display Size and Location
- Set Up and Tear Down
- May 1, 2023: Application deadline
- May 10, 2023: Conference notifies applicants of approval/disapproval
- June 1, 2023: Fee payment deadline
- Applications requesting display space must be submitted by May 1, 2023. (You must use the online form--we will not receive applications any other way.)
- Groups officially recognized by and/or related to The United Methodist Church may request display space. Each group requesting space must agree to use their display area in accordance with these guidelines. Groups “officially recognized by” or “related to” The United Methodist Church include the following:
- Approved Advance (Conference or General) Special Ministries
- Ministries included and approved in the Conference budget
- Ministries approved as a Conference Special Offering
- Ministries which are initiated, supervised, and housed within a local United Methodist Church or local United Methodist Church-owned facility within the boundaries of the WNCC
- University Senate-approved seminaries
- Because of limited space, no commercial vendors are allowed without special approval of the Conference Secretary or Training and Resource Specialist.
- The Conference has the discretion to approve/disapprove displays and to set and publish guidelines for Resource Fair displays.
- In the event that display content is deemed inappropriate, it will be removed by one of the following officers: 1) Annual Conference Secretary, 2) Conference Director of Communications, or 3) Training and Resource Specialist.
- No group will be allowed to place signs, displays or vehicles on convention center property without the permission of the Training and Resource Specialist, Communications Office, or Annual Conference Secretary.
Sales Guidelines (NEW for 2023!)
- Groups may sell items at their display, ONLY IF they indicate this on their application and meet the following criteria:
- The individual/group is officially recognized by and/or related to The United Methodist Church. (See explanation in General Guidelines above.)
- All profits will benefit a mission/ministry. (Examples: A church that sells candles to support their mission partnerships. A group that sells coffee beans to support their church’s food pantry. A group that sells artwork to support their non-profit art center. A group selling a book and the profits support their ministry.)
- If you are selling anything, you must be prepared to collect payment. Square devices, locked boxes, etc. will not be provided. If internet is required for payment, consider bringing a hotspot. Public wireless internet is never 100% reliable.
- Any group that is approved to sell food items must sign the Lake Junaluska outside food and beverage waiver (to be provided after approval, if needed).
If you need to ship items to Lake Junaluska for your display, packages should be scheduled to arrive no earlier than Monday, June 12, and be addressed to:
Attn: WNCC T210
689 N Lakeshore Dr
Lake Junaluska, NC 28745
- The amount of space available for displays is limited and spaces/locations are assigned randomly.
- Indoor displays will be located in the Harrell Center Auditorium (lower floor). Displays will be provided one 72” table, one black tablecloth, and one chair.
- Outdoor displays will be located near Stuart Auditorium (Chapel side and Harrell side). Displays will be provided one 72” table and two chairs. Tents are not provided; however, groups may bring their own.
- Electricity for indoor and outdoor displays is not guaranteed but will be provided based on availability and if requested on your application.
- Each group must agree to keep their display within the space allotted and not to encroach upon the space assigned to another group.
- Display spaces are assigned to specific locations, and groups cannot move displays to other locations.
- Because some locations are considered prime locations, each year display space assignments may be rotated to allow all groups equal opportunity.
Set up will be Thursday, June 15, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Note: Event registration begins at 10:30 a.m. and the Executive Session of Clergy Members begins at 3 p.m. We will have new signage this year to encourage visits to the Resource Fair in Harrell Center. Signage will go up on Thursday morning, giving clergy time to stop by before their executive session at 3 p.m.; so, if you're able, we encourage groups to set up as early as possible during the set-up window. Lay attendees typically don't arrive until later on Thursday or Friday morning, so you can expect higher traffic on Friday and Saturday.
Tear down will be Saturday, June 17, between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Note: We typically break from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. for lunch, which could be a high traffic time before tear down. All displays must be torn down by 4 p.m. to turn over spaces for Saturday evening's events.
Groups are encouraged to have their display space manned during high traffic times (e.g., registration, meals, and break times). Please refer to the Annual Conference Programs and Reports Book for the full schedule of plenary sessions, worship times and special events.
Posted hours for the Resource Fair are as follows:
- Thursday, June 15: 1 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 16: 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 17: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Inside displays: $50 per table
Outside premium displays: $75 per table
After your display has been approved and a spot assigned, you will be asked to pay table fees by electronic form. Payments must be received no later than June 1, 2023, and all payments are non-refundable.
Training and Resource Specialist