Housing and Meals
Health & Safety at Lake Junaluska
Lake Junaluska staff have been working hard to make it a safer place to visit. We have made changes to guest check-in, dining service, housekeeping, and meeting room setup. Here are the newest protocols we have in place: http://www.lakejunaluska.com/health-safety
- Overnight guests are encouraged to complete the Advance Meal Purchase Request form (follow the link above). Meals purchased in advance are offered at discounted rates! Please submit your request by July 17.
- The Terrace Dining Room will be open from Friday dinner (August 7) through Sunday breakfast (August 9)
- Several options are available for lunch on Saturday, August 8, starting at 11:00am, prior to the opening session at 1:00pm:
- cafeteria-style dining in the Terrace Dining Room
- box lunches from the Lake Junaluska Catering Service
- sandwiches available in Gifts and Grounds, and
- the Lenoir Creek Farms food truck
- For reservations at Lake Junaluska, please contact the Reservation Department at 800-222-4930
- If you had a housing reservation for June, and have not yet had communication with Lake Junaluska to update your reservation to the weekend of August 7-9, please reach out to them!
- If you did not previously have a housing reservation, but are interested in obtaining a room, there may be space available to you! Please contact Lake Junaluska to make a new reservation! We know this might be your first chance to “get away” after the start of the pandemic, and pray you encounter God while enjoying the serenity and beauty of the lake during your visit.
- Lake Junaluska staff have developed three wonderful packages tailored to offer you adventure, relaxation, or family time. For details, visit https://www.lakejunaluska.com/specials_packages/2020vacations.
- For housing off-grounds, please visit www.visitncsmokies.com for many lodging options including hotels, cabins, and campgrounds
- Check-in will again occur at the Bethea Welcome Center, and further information will be posted in July. Keep an eye out for the “Arriving at Conference” posting.
Additional info, updated from the February mailing!
- Conference Registration will be held in the Terrace third floor auditorium, and will be open on Saturday, August 8, 8:30am – 2:00pm
- Can’t Come to the August session as a lay member?
- If you were coming as the lay member of your church, and can’t come, please notify your pastor!
- If you were planning to represent your district as an at-large member, please contact your district office!
- Can’t come to the August session as a clergy member?
- Please send an email to Kim Ingram and your district superintendent to request an excused absence.
- Interested in volunteering as a registration greeter or an usher? Please contact Marsha Patton!
- Live transcription services will still be offered during the worship services and business session, and sign language interpretation during the worship services. Both will be easily viewed from the left side of Stuart Auditorium.