2019 Western North Carolina Annual Conference Displays
Displays connect conference members to groups who have information to share about their ministry. Displays are provided to encourage conference members to learn more about the resources that are available through the wide variety of agencies and ministries in the conference and beyond.
Requesting Space and Obtaining Permissions
- Forms requesting display space must be submitted to Melissa McGill by April 15, 2019.
(You must use the online form--we will not receive applications any other way)
- Each group requesting space must submit a brief description of their display for review on the form provided.
- The Communications Office has the discretion to approve all displays and to set and publish guidelines for display space assignments.
- In the event content is deemed to be inappropriate, it will be removed by one of the following officers:1) Annual Conference secretary or, 2) the conference director of communications.
- Groups officially recognized by and/or related to The United Methodist Church may request display space. Each group requesting space must agree to use their display area in accordance with the purpose statement in this document. Groups “officially recognized by” or “related to ”The United Methodist Church” include the following:
- Approved Advance (Conference or General) Specials
- Ministries included and approved in the Conference Budget
- Ministries approved as a Conference Special Offering
- Ministries which are initiated, supervised, and housed within a local United Methodist church or local United Methodist Church-owned facility within the boundaries of the WNCC
- University Senate-Approved seminaries
- Because of limited space no commercial vendors are allowed without special approval of the conference secretary or the director of communications.
- No group will be allowed to place signs, displays or vehicles on convention center property without the permission of the Communications Office.
- Only one display space will be provided per group.
Size and Location of Display Space
- The amount of space available for displays is limited and spaces/locations are assigned randomly. (This is generally a 30” x 72” table—outside tent space is 10’ x 10’)
- Each group setting up a display must agree to keep their display within the space allotted and not to encroach onto the display space assigned to another group.
- Display spaces are assigned to specific locations, and groups setting up displays cannot move their display to another location. Because some locations are considered prime locations, each year display space assignments may be rotated to allow all groups the opportunity to use a prime location.
- Groups requesting outdoor space around Stuart Auditorium, one 72” table and two chairs will be provided. Electricity is provided if requested-and if there are sufficient outlets. Tents are not provided, however groups may bring their own.
Set-Up and Tear Down
Set-up will be Thursday, June 20, between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Tear down will be Saturday, June 22 between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Groups are encouraged to have their booth/display space manned during high traffic times (i.e. registration, meals, and break times). Please refer to the Annual Conference Programs and Reports Book for the full schedule of plenary sessions, worship times and special events.
Due to changes in Lake Junaluska policies, there will be a fee for each table used in your displays. The cost is $15 per table. A basic set-up of one table and two chairs is $15. If you need more tables, you will pay for each table. After your display has been approved and a spot assigned, you will be asked to pay table fees by electronic form. After payment of fees, there will be no refunds.