Both/And Worship Cohort Grant
The Church Development Office, in partnership with the WNCC Foundation and the Reynolds Ministry Fund, is excited to offer the 5th Round of the BOTH/AND Hybrid Worship Cohort Grant. The goal is to help churches in the WNCC grow in their understanding and practice of hybrid worship by providing a framework, discovering and experimenting with best practices, and upgrading equipment (as needed) as we emerge into our post-pandemic reality. As we faithfully improve the quality and practice of hybrid worship, we know that we will engage more people and connect them to God and to one another.
This grant process and experience is intended to support churches as they explore and implement best practices for faithfully developing and deploying BOTH In-Person AND Online worship. The foundational core of this grant is about building relationships through Hybrid ministries that create PARTICIPANTS – not viewers.
Included in the grant:
- Participation in monthly cohorts with Jason Moore to equip clergy and laity with the implementation of hybrid ministry strategies and best practices
- Recommendations for and assistance with purchasing equipment, including matching funds for purchased equipment
- Individual worship consultations with Jason Moore
- A variety of “Learning Lab” opportunities including additional resources, hands-on training with equipment, and deeper training with Both/And worship concepts
What’s The Process?
1. Watch Both/And Webinar To Establish Common Language
- The pastor and worship team are required to watch the workshop presented by Jason Moore in order for us to have a shared vision of the possibilities of hybrid worship.
2. Fill Out & Submit Grant Application
- The application requires the pastor and a lay person to be a part of this process. You will be asked to describe the technology and presentation of your current worship services. For the fifth cycle, we will receive applications up to July 20, 2023
- COHORTS WILL BEGIN July 24, 2023. Cohort Attendance is required to receive matching grant funds for equipment.
REGISTER AT LINK BELOW
3. Receive Equipment Recommendations & Matching Funds
- The Office of Church Development will work with each church to recommend special negotiated pricing on common equipment packages that fit the church’s needs. The grant also matches the church’s contribution towards the purchase of approved equipment (up to $1750).
- While equipment is an important part of this offering, we believe the most powerful part of this grant is what you choose to do on the other side of the camera.
4. Participate In Monthly Cohorts (facilitated by Jason Moore)
- Cohorts are geared towards pastors. We do allow 1 lay person to participate with the pastor (if desired).
- To provide support during implementation, pastors will meet 5-6 times in a monthly Zoom cohort meeting. These gatherings will be opportunities to explore the challenges that arise as pastors lead congregations in hybrid worship.
5. Receive an Individual Worship Consultation with Jason Moore
- Via Zoom, Jason Moore will arrange a time to provide a worship evaluation of a recorded service along with your team. The consultation will involve a live critique, where you and members of your team will be both affirmed and find opportunities for improved practices in your hybrid worship.
6. Provide Ongoing Support/Training for Laity and Pastors
- The underlying goal of this grant is to walk with churches as they IMPLEMENT the strategies and use the equipment in weekly worship and beyond. (Meetings, discipleship, outreach, and more!) The Office of Church Development will provide other opportunities to support staff and volunteers who use the equipment and strategies to maximize hybrid ministry impact. Most of the additional BOTH/AND offerings will be in the form of Learning Labs. These may include additional resources, secondary workshops, field trips, deeper dives, etc.
**Each grant cycle is limited by our capacity to service the participating churches. Therefore, grants are awarded on a 1st come 1st serve basis. For the Fifth Cycle, we will receive applications up to July 24th, or until we receive 10 applicant churches (Whichever comes first.)
Any questions can be directed to Rob Hutchinson, Director of Church Development, at: email@example.com