What is the Missional Collective?
The desire of the Missional Collective is to shift the work of missions from relief to empowerment. Missional Collective participants attend a series of retreats and remain in connection through support of one another’s work and celebration at the annual Missional Collective Reunion.
What is the Journey?
The Missional Collective journey is a series of retreats throughout the year designed to:
- Provide you with personal spiritual care
- Connect you to other missional leaders
- Strengthen your knowledge and skills for eﬀective ministry
- Help you discern your impact in a community
- Engage practitioners in particular areas of interest
- Expose you to relevant resources
- Equip you with practical planning tools for implementing your vision
- Build your confidence on how to engage your community
These retreats are held in diverse cities in WNC and are highly experiential in nature. You can expect to practice neighboring with shared meals, interactive discussions, historical and theological field trips, personal spiritual direction, and corporate spiritual disciplines.
- Boone, NC | Grounding Ourselves in Missio Dei
- Asheville, NC | Hearing Humanity: On identifying and actualizing empowerment
- Online | Walking Your Neighborhood Way: Organizing for Local Mission
- Charlotte, NC | Bridging Divides: On Asset Mapping and Accountability
- Greensboro, NC | Connecting the Cultural Dots: On Power, Poverty, and Privilege
The WNC Conference is providing this experience valued at $3,500 to a limited number of people.
How Do I Register?
Please complete the interest application prior to Jan. 31, 2021 if interested in learning more or attending. These applications will be reviewed by the Missional Engagement Team and participants will be selected on or before February 5, 2021.
Interest applications are open to United Methodist clergy, laity, or students in Western North Carolina, as well as interested individuals engaged with mission activity in the local community.
Events | Blog | Resources
We can’t wait to travel this road together!