Cycle to Annual Conference - June 16-18, 2014
The C2LJ is a 3-day supported ride from Charlotte to Lake Junaluska that takes place June 16-18, 2014. This is the first year for what will be an annual event to bike to Lake Junaluska. This year’s route is outstanding and our overnight hosts will be providing great food & activities each evening.
Cycle to Lake Junaluska is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization through the Appalachian Wesley Foundation designed to provide an avenue to promote physical fitness through cycling and raise monies for various ministries of the United Methodist Church in the Western North Carolina Annual Conference (WNCC). The ride coincides with the Annual Conference of the WNCC that is held each year at Lake Junaluska in Waynesville, NC. Each year a charity will be chosen for the proceeds to go towards and routes will vary to provide opportunities to explore North Carolina’s rural beauty.
What's Included In The Ride
- Indoor camping and limited RV camping
- Ken’s Bike Shop mechanic at camp (fees may apply)
- Printed maps and cue sheets
- Marked roads and route SAG support
- Rest Stops with drinks, fresh fruit & assorted snacks
- Restrooms at host sites and some rest stops
- Shower facilities each day and night
Road Distances: 162 Total Miles
Mon. 6/16 –62 mls Charlotte to Casar
Tues. 6/17 – 53 mls to Black Mountain
Wed. 6/18 – 47 mls to Junaluska
For more information or to register: www.c2lj.org