WNCC United Methodist Volunteers in Mission (VIM) Building Teams
Building Teams provide short-term mission projects for persons who wish to donate their time and services and enabling them to have authentic mission experiences beyond their local communities. Participants are not required to be local church members.
Trips last 10 to 14 days. Registration begins in late summer of each year, and continues until teams are full (12-15 members) or 90 days prior to departure. Please apply as soon as possible, as many teams fill fast.
Teams began work in Latin America in 1963. Since then, they have transformed countless lives throughout the Americas, the Caribbean, and in parts of Africa, Asia and Europe. Construction skills are desired, but not required. These mission trips offer lessons, friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
While many teams have already traveled to their respective countries this year, the following WNCC building teams have still to go. For complete information, please download the brochure, rev. March 4, for the remaining teams listed below.
- Armenia – July 31- Aug. 14, C. Donahue, $3,100 includes all travel, housing, food; $1,900 due March 15; balance by May 1. Five openings. Details http://bit.ly/1bvn7X4
- Belize - June 23-30, M. Cornelius, $1,400 – team has a waiting list
- Costa Rica - Aug. 2-10, J. Allison, $1,400 – still recruiting team members
- Guatemala - July 11-21, J. Hodgin, $1,350 – still recruiting team members
- Haiti - July 31-Aug. 8, L. Suggs, $1,950 – still recruiting team members
- Macedonia – May 9-28, B. Buchanan is the leader. Team has six members; no more can be added due to tickets and accommodations already purchased.
- Mexico – June 17-27, M. Cornelius. $1,300 – still recruiting team members
- Zimbabwe – No team this year; looking forward to 2015. Mary Doub is leader.
Contact Wayne Overcash, Building Teams Committee chairperson, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org, 704.773.1947 or 704.932.3458.
Building Team insurance
The Building Team Committee of the Western North Carolina Conference encourages all Building/Medical teams to carry medical and emergency evacuation insurance. This insurance is available for both Conference and Church teams. Insurance Application